Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
A New Leaf is currently seeking a full time Maintenance Worker to join their team!
Schedule: Monday - Friday, hours vary (one weekend on call every 6 weeks)
Pay Rate: $16.00/ hr.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify immediate maintenance needs for assigned locations and check maintenance log daily and communicate with supervisor regarding maintenance issues.
- Responsible for general upkeep of assigned physical facility. Make immediate decisions regarding minor expenditures and communicate with supervisor regarding maintenance issues.
- Plan and execute short and long-term projects and work cooperatively with the maintenance staff in solving and troubleshooting maintenance problems.
- Perform basic carpentry repairs and minor remodeling jobs. Maintain and repair swimming pools.
- Responsible for painting, repairs, heating/cooling, appliances, electrical and plumbing systems.
- Perform landscaping maintenance/irrigation (i.e. mowing, trimming, planting, etc.)
- Monitor vehicles to include checklist, auto insurance and repairs. Identify safety needs.
- Monitor fire alarm systems and provide concerns/recommendations to supervisor.
- If applicable, respond to on-call in timely fashion. Use e-mail as form of communication as applicable.
- Perform other maintenance tasks as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Must demonstrate skills in all major areas of maintenance, such as carpentry, remodeling, plumbing, electrical, landscaping, painting, roofing, pool maintenance and vehicle diagnosing and repair.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with reliable transportation.
- A clean 39-month motor vehicle record and current auto liability insurance.
- Must possess a Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card or be able to pass various background checks in order to obtain one.
- Have the skills necessary to engage and work with others from diverse ethnic and cultural groups, coupled with maintaining professionalism at all times.
- Demonstrate and provide strong communications skills both verbally and in writing.
- Must be committed to teamwork and have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities may include but not limited to: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Mesa, AZ, USA