Early Childhood Education Phx Day-Assistant Teacher
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on Health, Housing and Community Services offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
Phoenix Day provides children and families a foundation for lifelong learning and healthy living. In addition to its dual language, evidence- based curriculum. Committed to using innovative and progressive strategies to meet the educational and health needs of the community, Phoenix Day delivers comprehensive early childhood education and wellness programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES: Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Educate, supervise and care of children
- Assist in planning and preparing the environment and activities for children
- Assist with classroom education, assessments and lesson planning
- Work directly with and educating children in an instruction setting
- Prepare daily reports, health checks and documentation as required by the program
- Establish and maintain a rapport with parents
- Welcome and work with visitors and volunteers
- Ensure the safety of children at all times
- Clean up, diapering, potty training of children – if age appropriate
- Serve meals and drinks to children.
- Teach children healthy and personal habits
- Adhere to all policies and procedures set forth by Phoenix Day
- Other duties that Phoenix Day may from time to time reasonably require, such as quarterly all staff meetings or promotional events
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience working with young children
- Minimum of a CDA or in process of actively obtaining preferred
- 12.15/Hr + $1.10 Bilingual Incentive if Applicable
- Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $12.15
- Max Hiring Rate $13.25
- Phoenix, AZ, USA