Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
If you want to be a part of assisting our amazing programs that help the community, consider joining our HR family today!
Last year A New Leaf served 26,973 individuals with resources, including homeless and domestic violence shelters with services, affordable housing solutions, youth services, foster care, counseling, financial literacy, neighborhood economic development, workforce support, and community services.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8AM-5PM
Pay: $18-$22/hour DOE
Duties and Responsibilities: General responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Support and process new employee onboarding including complete pre-hire communication, screening and processing (drug, back ground, fingerprint etc.).
- Conduct regular audits to ensure that pre hire and onboarding process is accurate and candidate is engaged in the process.
- Oversee audit process for designated Program staff
- Coordinate verification of employment, worker’s compensation, unemployment and FMLA
- Provide proper electronic record keeping, security and privacy of employee files and file contents
- Assist in the preparation of documents, reports, spreadsheets and presentations
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress of special projects
- Conduct reporting including data surveys, action planning and project management reporting.
- Ensure HR electronic process documents (Employee Handbook, Supervisor’s Toolkit etc.) is kept well organized and updated with all pertinent information
- Handle sensitive or complex information with the highest of integrity
- Support visitors and reception duties as needed
- Any other projects related to HR department that is assigned
Qualifications & Requirements:
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience. Administrative experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred: HR processing of employee transactions such as payroll, benefit enrollments, recruiting, onboarding, etc.
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Including complex document creation (e.g. mail merges), complex spreadsheet creation and polished presentation creation
- Experience in creating reports, assessing, manipulating and presenting data in various usable formats is essential
- Must be self-motivated and outcome driven and take responsibility/accountability for tasks
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information and interact with all levels within the organization.
- Exceptional interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
- Experience and understanding project management and project management principles
- Experience with HRIS system – Dayforce preferred
- Able to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently, exercising sound judgment
- Organized, able to multi-task, think creatively and be able to adapt to different situations.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational ability; ability to work under pressure amid distractions and interruptions, while adhering to daily/weekly/monthly deadlines
- Ability to identify, comprehend and act on changing business requirements
- Possess excellent customer relations abilities when working with internal employees and external clients, with an outgoing and friendly manner, courteous and cooperative attitude, team oriented, patient and understanding with team
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing, excellent grammar
Compliance & Education:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- 39 Month Motor Vehicle Record
- Current Auto Liability Insurance
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Mesa, AZ, USA