ORR - Bilingual Shift Leader
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
Bilingual Shift Lead – ORR Program
- High School or GED required
- Associate degree in human services field, preferred
- Bilingual; possess effective verbal and written language skills in English and Spanish.
- Minimum 1-year experience working with youth
- 2-years working with youth population in shelter setting, preferred
- Basic computer literacy; including, navigating a Microsoft Windows operating system, Outlook email exchange, and online applications.
- Experience supervising staff, preferred
- Experience creating postings and staff schedules, preferred.
- Strong ability in problem-solving and on the spot decisions
- Strong ability to maintain boundaries between staff and clients
DUTIES & RESPONSABILITIES:
- Complete regular walkthroughs of campus to ensure safety of clients, staff, and property. Report any safety issues or concerns to Supervisor.
- Pass down information, upon arrival to and exit from shift, with arriving and exiting Shift Leads
- Create posting and assign Youth Care Worker duties.
- Ensure daily activity schedule is followed.
- Supervise client headcount every 15-30 minutes
- Supervise Youth Care Worker posting and ensure line of sight is maintained in all areas in the milieu; including, the restroom, showers, kitchen, living spaces, during client transport, and outdoors.
- Supervise Youth Care Workers and clients to ensure activities are appropriate and safe.
- Work cooperatively with all teams to provide appropriate client supervision, enhance client activities, promote cost effectiveness, and follow designated schedules to ensure behavioral health standards are maintained.
- Coach and train Youth Care Workers to provide proper supervision of and care to youth.
- Supervise Youth Care Workers to make sure all tasks are completed. Provide follow up coaching and documentation under the direction of the shift supervisor
- Complete client Daily Progress Reports (DPR), daily. Accurately document client participation, behavior and activities through the shift.
- Assist and monitor client's self-administration of prescribed medication.
- Maintain communication and perform tasks to assist in promoting the physical and emotional health of clients (i.e. nutrition, etc.)
- Provide verbal crisis intervention and counseling to clients.
- Provide for client needs within scope of program practices and policies.
- Wake up clients in the morning and facilitate more hygiene routine
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mesa, AZ, USA