Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
A New Leaf's Workforce is looking for candidates who are passionate about helping others and have a knack for resume building, interview skills, the job application process and more! Help change lives today!
- Maintain an established caseload, determine eligibility of program enrollment and serve as participant advocate.
- Interview, screen and conduct an assessment on participant to identify barriers to achieving education, employment and housing goals.
- Evaluate participants’ interest, education and experience to determine possible placements and to determine participants’ individual employment plan.
- Create participant file and document all communication and activities of participant in the required time frame.
- Meet regularly with participants to assess progress while using motivational interviewing skills to ensure participant is meeting established goals and provide supportive services when appropriate. Evenings and weekends may be required at times.
- Assist participants with accessing Workforce Services resources and community resources; provide referrals when appropriate.
- Provide on-going coaching to participants regarding workshops, training, education and employment activities. Expose participants to Workforce Services work-related training programs (OJTs/Internships/WEXs, etc.).
- Provide participants with labor market information, employment and training resources, and job leads.
- Maintain consistent contact with participants to ensure job retention. Ensure participants are prepared for job search/placement/hiring and assist with job fairs/on-site recruitment.
- Experience in workforce development, a plus
- Experience working with minorities and disadvantage populations is desired
- High School Diploma or GED
- One (1) year experience in employment and training programs, case management and/or career development activities or social service programs relative to re-entry and/or special populations.
- Must be organized and detail oriented, able to maintain confidentiality, have good communication skills (written and verbal), and good computer skills.
- The skills necessary to engage and work with others from diverse ethnic and cultural groups, coupled with maintaining professionalism at all times.
- Be committed to teamwork and have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrate knowledge and awareness of cultural issues and be respectful of differences.
- Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- Current Auto Liability Insurance
- 39 Month Motor Vehicle Record
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Glendale, AZ, USA
- Mesa, AZ, USA