Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
La Mesita Apartments offer long-term housing solutions to low-income households in need. Over 55% of La Mesita Apartments residents are children. La Mesita Apartments and Support Services (LMSS) offers comprehensive onsite support services, as well as various amenities, that address the unique needs of our residents, helping households increase their stability and financial security.
The objectives of LMSS are; maintain stable, independent housing with access to basic needs, assist residents with securing employment or increasing income, increase household’s awareness of community services available, provide stability and opportunity to the children in the La Mesita community.
We're currently seeking a Housekeeper to join our team!
Schedule: Tues-Sat, 7AM-4PM
Pay Rate: $13.00 / hour
Location: Mesa, AZ
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This position interacts with all levels, both inside and outside the company. General responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor and maintain inventory of rooms, storage areas, donations, supplies, furniture, and other basic needs items.
- Assist with developing list of needed supplies, furniture and other items necessary for service delivery.
- Ensure units are prepared for occupancy by homeless family with minor aged children.
- Inspect units, assist with maintaining safety, sanitation and security of units and shelter common areas including Development offices, restrooms and conference room.
- Provide feedback to staff regarding observation of program participants.
- Maintain the level of cleanliness to agency standards throughout the La Mesita property.
- Maintain professional boundaries with clients at all times.
- Assist with volunteer cleaning projects.
- Back up for Support Partner position as needed. Be knowledgeable of expectations associated with position, and follow all policies and procedures.
- Be willing to be flexible with schedule when needed for shelter operations.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with clients, A NEW LEAF employees, community members and the public to ensure proper representation of A NEW LEAF.
- Be aware of, and abide by, the rules and regulations governing the professional behavior of A NEW LEAF staff, including codes of conduct, ethics, professional standards and general demeanor.
- Attend and participate in meetings and/or projects as requested by management.
- Demonstrate and provide strong communications skills both verbally and in writing.
- Determine priority for program components related to the position in conjunction with the Program Manager.
- Maintain standards of confidentiality and professionalism at all times, including verbal and written client/family information.
- Be aware of all contractual obligations pursuant upon the agency.
- Responsible for implementing and enforcing safety performance standards.
- Participate and successfully complete all required training A NEW LEAF deems necessary.
- Represent A NEW LEAF and its mission to the public and community, doing so in ways that uphold the highest in professional and moral ethics.
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- High School diploma/GED required
- Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- 39 Month Motor Vehicle Record
- Current Auto Liability Insurance
- Experience working with homeless or economically disadvantaged populations preferred.
- Housekeeping experience preferred
- Spanish language skills highly desirable.
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mesa, AZ, USA