Overnight Shelter Support Staff
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
This is an excellent opportunity to jump-start or build upon your career in human services!
Location: Mesa, AZ
Pay Rate: $15.10 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Document (verbal/written) and submit significant and routine paperwork such as shift reports, daily activities, special concerns, client entry/exit forms, etc.
- Answer and screen phone calls (multiple lines), and be able to provide resources/screening crisis calls.
- Assist with the introduction of program and facility orientation.
- Brief residents on program rules, chores, housekeeping requirements, fire safety instructions, social distancing, Universal precautions and assuring adherence.
- Participate in resident supervision on a regular basis as required by state law and A New Leaf policy.
- Provide varied verbal and physical crisis interventions as needed.
- Assist with maintaining program appearance; cleanliness and maintenance of agency physical plant, equipment and/or agency vehicles. May report repairs and maintenance needs.
- Prepare and/or assist with meal/snack preparation serving, and cleanup. Responsible for overseeing and coordination of Volunteer Meal Program.
- Able to operate 12-15 passenger vehicles, when necessary.
- Assist with "wake-up" call
- Monitor security of the property through quarterly hour ground checks
- Ability to stay awake during the overnight shift
- May be required to pick up and transport donations to the Shelter and/or our Donation Center.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience working with homeless or economically disadvantaged population preferred, but not required.
- Due to state licensing, applicants must be a minimum 21 years old.
- Demonstrate and provide strong communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Committed to teamwork and have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships. Demonstrate a basic understanding of Trauma Informed Care.
- The skills necessary to engage and work with others from diverse ethnic and cultural groups, coupled with maintaining professionalism at all times.
- Able to maintain proper professional and personal boundaries, while protecting our Resident’s Rights.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with reliable transportation, current auto liability insurance and a clean 39-month motor vehicle record.
- A Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card or be able to pass various background checks in order to obtain one.
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mesa, AZ, USA