Behavioral Health Medical Assistant
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
Behavioral Health Services Medical Assistant
A New Leaf’s East and West Valley Family Care Clinic offers community-based behavioral health and medical services for children and adults.
Primary medical care, counseling, case management, medication management, and support services are provided to our clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
1. Responsible for all doctors’ administrative needs.
2. Maintain all demographic data on client in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system, making sure it is current at each appointment.
3. Complete AHCCCS eligibility checks before each client’s medical appointment, if non-active contact the family to explain process.
4. Maintain documentation in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system on all contact that has occurred with the client.
5. Schedule appointments for medical clients in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system.
6. Responsible for day before appointment reminder phone calls.
7. Print out and provide each doctor with their appointments for the day.
8. Communicate daily with Receptionist, Data Resolution Specialist, and Nurse.
9. Consult with A NEW LEAF Nurse on treatment/medical issues.
10. Responsible for the check-in of clients in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system.
11. Responsible for setting up translation and transportation services for medical appointments and for coordinating this with the families.
12. Complete required PCP notifications and fax/mail as necessary.
13. Complete 1013 updates when client diagnosis's change.
14. Provide back-up coverage on phones for receptionist.
15. On a monthly basis run the 100 day no medical activity report and reach out to clients needing to come in for appointments. Work the list to ensure that data is accurate and collaborate with the Data Resolution Specialist and clinical team to ensure appropriate steps are taken to address and needed areas.
16. Work with provider caseloads on a monthly basis to ensure their accuracy.
17. Work with clinicians to ensure the proper information is in the Electronic Practice Management and Electronic Medical Record systems.
18. Develops and maintains records and files in an organized accurate manner.
19. Must have the ability to provide pleasant and professional customer services skills on the phone and in person, working with a diverse population.
20. Assist with assurance of compliance with licensing entities and accreditation organizations.
21. Actively participates in the orientation and training of new or temporary staff.
- High School or GED required
- Medical Assistant Certification
- Associates or Bachelor's degree a plus
- Registered/Certified Medical Assistant training preferred
- HIPPA Regulations
- Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- Current Auto Liability Insurance
- 39 Month Motor Vehicle Record
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $14.00
- Mesa, AZ, USA