Parent Aide Supervised Visitation Specialist
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
Join our team today!
A New Leaf's Parent Aide Program provides a range of support services, instructions and assistance to parents and caregivers of children involved with Child Protective Services (CPS) in order to improve the adults’ skills and ability to fulfill parenting roles and responsibilities. The Parent Aide program provides services to families whose children are placed in the legal custody of the Arizona Department of Child Safety (ADCS). The family and ADCS Specialist meet to develop an ADCS case plan in order to determine services for the family with the goal of the child’s reunification, remaining with the family and/or severance. Support services identified in the ADCS case plan and SCA/SRA frequently include Parent Aide services.
The Parent Aide Program provides individualized services to accommodate the needs of the family’s schedule, including weekends and evenings. This part time position works 29 hours or less per week.
Pay Rate: $15/hour
*Mileage reimbursement provided
*Company cell phone provided
*Company laptop with internet access provided
Major areas of responsibility (including but not limited to):
- Provide the parent/caregiver with rules and guidelines that are associated with the visitation program.
- Provide safe transportation of children to and from visit locations. Must adhere to Agency driving policy and procedures and follow all car seat safety regulations and traffic laws at all times.
- Be present during the entire visit to ensure the safety and welfare of the child(ren). Parent Aide SVO providers shall observe, and monitor the parent/caregiver’s parenting skills while the parent/caregiver is interacting with their child(ren).
- Ensure that all contact between the child(ren) and the parent/caregiver, at all times during the visit, is within the Specialists’ hearing and sight and discussions are audible and understandable.
- Document the observations on the Summary of Supervised Visitation.
- Responsible for documenting mileage and purpose of trip.
- Provide all requested documents when subpoenaed to requesting sources.
- Submit required documentation to required sources for billing purposes.
- Assist with assurance of compliance with licensing entities, accreditation organizations and be available during program audits to address questions.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate's or Bachelor's degree a plus
- Experience in behavioral health is preferred
Skills and Additional Qualifications:
- Be willing to use your own vehicle to drive to and from appointments.
- Must have proficiency with personal computers and applicable software programs.
- Ability to document electronically, required.
- Have the skills necessary to engage and work with others from diverse ethnic and cultural groups, coupled with maintaining professionalism at all times.
- Demonstrate and provide strong communications skills both verbally and in writing.
- Committed to teamwork and have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with reliable transportation.
- A clean 39-month motor vehicle record and current auto liability insurance.
- Have a Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card or be able to pass various background checks in order to obtain one.
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 90
- Required Education High School
- Mesa, AZ, USA