Bilingual Admin Assistant
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
A New Leaf is seeking a full time Spanish/English Bilingual Administrative Assistant!
Our Dorothy B. Mitchell Counseling Center (DBMCC) and Community Behavioral Health Services provide confidential services for children and their families. Counseling, case management, medication management and support services are provided.
- Monday - Thursday, 10am - 7pm and Friday, 8am - 5pm
- Monday - Thursday, 9am - 6pm and Friday, 8am - 5pm
- Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
Location: East or West Valley
Major areas of responsibility (including but not limited to):
- Answer telephone, schedule and reschedule clients in the Counseling Center and by phone contact.
- Check in clients as they arrive in the Electronic Practice Management (EPM) System and update client information in appropriate computer systems as needed.
- Print doctor schedules daily.
- Provide appropriate paperwork for intakes. Stock all form bins and maintain packet files for new clients.
- Maintain AHCCCS for all daily appointments and confirm all scheduled appointments with clients.
- Contact insurance agencies to determine eligibility, assess co-pays, coordinate administrative processes and enter payments. Maintain cash box, payment logs and key assignment.
- Perform clerical and administrative duties for program staff including filing, data entry, composing, drafting, preparing correspondence/memorandums and compiling a variety of reports.
- High School diploma or GED
- Requires one (1) year of clerical/administrative experience
- Ability to work with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, NextGen EMR and other software;
- Spanish/English required. Must have the ability to communicate effectively in Spanish and English plus have the ability to interpret as well as translate.
- Experience in behavioral health preferred
- Possess a valid driver’s license with reliable transportation, a clean 39-month motor vehicle record and current auto liability insurance.
- Must possess a Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card or be able to pass various background checks in order to obtain one.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Glendale, AZ, USA
- Mesa, AZ, USA