Behavioral Health Compliance Associate
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
A New Leaf's Behavioral Health outpatient clinics provide services to enrolled youth, adults, and families, offering support in behavioral health counseling and the family social wellness.
Work from home as our new Compliance Associate!
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8AM-5PM or flexible
Location: Mesa, AZ
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
1. Collaboration with leadership in the division of Community Behavioral Health Services to support positive clinical outcomes and performance improvement. Responsible for activities which help ensure program practices are compliant, efficient, and successful.
2. Conducting internal quality audits, providing results to division leadership and supporting development of program procedure to improve outcomes.
3. Conducting ongoing compliance monitoring activities to ensure compliance to licensing regulations, funder requirements, accreditation standards, privacy laws, and other applicable laws and regulations, in conjunction with division leadership.
4. Participation with division leadership in external audits, such as those related to AHCCCS or other funders, licensing, and accreditation. Engagement in the resulting Corrective Action Plan or Performance Improvement Plan process. Provision of recommendations that will positively impact operational compliance.
5. Collaboration with Quality Management department, to ensure that client and partner related documents and forms reflect current practices, according to ADHS, AHCCCS, funders, and other entities.
6. Engagement in meetings with division leadership, and funders regarding program compliance/audits.
7. Maintenance of up to date knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations governing behavioral health services and health records, as well as local, statewide, and national behavioral health delivery systems.
8. Maintenance of up to date knowledge of principles, techniques, and practices of effective quality management and utilization review systems, and information systems and usage including electronic health records.
9. Engagement with division leadership to support compliance with internal, state, and federal regulations, and the provision of high quality, cost-effective client care as it pertains to all behavioral health and integrated care services.
10. Collaboration with Informatics department to collect, analyze, and produce data to inform division decision-making as it relates to client care. Communication with division leadership, program staff, and others engaged in service delivery and oversight, regarding data. Development and maintenance of program metrics reporting.
11. Collection and analysis of data regarding outcome measures to determine if program goals are being met. Identification of data sources to assist in measurement assessment. Development of reports that clearly state outcome findings in a meaningful way.
12. Responsible for running and/or writing queries, and adhoc report creation. Performance of routine data analysis on active clients to identify, report, and mitigate potential risks to critical business processes, as necessary.
13. Documentation, including data compilation, trend analysis, metrics, and charts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Experience in a similar position preferred
- Experience in compliance and auditing, and data collection, analysis, and reporting
- Knowledge of Practice Management and EHR Systems
- Proficiency with MS SQL and Excel preferred
- Experience running and/or writing Queries, and Adhoc Report creation preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook. Usage of web based data archive, survey, and reporting systems. Usage of electronic health record (EHR), specifically Next Gen
- Strong mathematical aptitude
- Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- 39 Month Motor Vehicle Record
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- Current Auto Liability Insurance
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $42,000.00
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree