Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
Hours: Full-Time (40 hours/week, Monday-Friday, 8:00am and 5:00pm)
Location: Mesa, AZ
Compensation: $19.00/hour plus benefits
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: General responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
· Complete grant proposals/applications and reports as assigned to meet deadlines
· Research and analyze prospective grant opportunities and prepare overviews
· Collect program/project information and metrics as needed to draft grant proposals and reports
· Submit grant proposal drafts for review as appropriate to supervisor, leadership, and program staff
· Collaborate with team for reviewing content and incorporating feedback
- Develop written materials, including requests for support, thank you letters, impact statements, client stories, and other materials as assigned
- Develop and coordinate social media content for corporate and foundation partnerships
- Assist with coordinating and facilitating corporate group volunteer projects and other events
- Assist with coordinating and facilitating presentations, tabling events, and program tours as assigned, or as appropriate to engage funders
- Collaborate with Philanthropy team to support and attend fundraising events approximately 3-4 times a year to provide event support as needed. Fundraising events may occur outside of normal business hours and require schedule flexibility
- Attend and participate in team meetings, and other meetings as required
· Participate in professional development training and with professional associations as appropriate/approved
· Work cooperatively and respectfully with program staff, leadership, Board of Directors, funders, volunteers, and other stakeholders
· Be aware of, and abide by, the rules and regulations governing the professional behavior of A New Leaf staff, including codes of conduct, ethics, professional standards and general demeanor.
· Maintain standards of confidentiality and professionalism at all times
· Be aware of all contractual obligations pursuant upon the agency
· Participate and successfully complete all required training A New Leaf deems necessary
· Maintain a professional appearance, cleanliness, and maintenance of facility and equipment in the agency
Education: High School Diploma/GED required; Associate’s or Bachelor's degree preferred
· Two (2) years of experience in grant writing preferred, OR demonstration of strong writing and grammar skills
· Detail oriented/good organizational skills
· Efficient/deadline driven/good time management skills/ability to prioritize multiple projects
· Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
· Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card
· 39 Month Motor Vehicle Record
· Current Auto Liability Insurance
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Max Hiring Rate $19.00
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Monday, October 26, 2020
- Mesa, AZ, USA