Bilingual DVHEART Coach
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
Join our team as a Bilingual DVHEART (Domestic Violence Healing, Engaging, and Resiliency Training) Coach and touch lives today!
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm (hours may vary)
Location: Mesa, AZ, with travel to Glendale/PHX
Pay Rate: $40,000/annually (including bilingual incentive upon passing verbal assessment)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Assist DVHEART Coordinating Supervisor in establishing space arrangements for workshops.
- Attending Regional Child Abuse Prevention Council meetings.
- Participating in trainings for both the Triple-P and AWBW trainings.
- Participating in program implementation/technical assistance meetings.
- Providing outreach and attending community events to promote the projects, it’s goals and it’s approach to stabilizing safe environments for families.
- Facilitating Triple P: Positive Parenting Workshops as needed.
- Facilitating A Windows Between Worlds Workshops as needed.
- Providing case management follow-up services to domestic violence clients; establish/maintain client files.
- Being directly responsible to the supervisor for issues, while being in conformance with the agency’s program definition and policies as relevant to program/client needs.
- Co-developing 24/7 Safety/Crisis Plans with every family requesting follow-up services. This plan may be simple or complex, depending on the risk factors presented by the client, as relevant to the program and/or client needs.
- Implementing a survey for feedback from clients and stakeholders.
- During workshops and follow-up care, developing/monitoring the implementation of Strength-based Family plans and progress of family towards goals.
- Assisting families/individuals in obtaining community services and benefits, safe shelter, securing appointments with outside services and agencies as needed, including identification of funding sources and linkages to other agencies/services.
- Providing referrals and/or coordinating transportation for families as needed (as relevant to program/client needs). Access community resources for obtaining assistance when needed; coordinate services with clients, DVHEART partners, and other service providers.
- Continually improving family cultural awareness and competency.
- Being available and responsive to families and stakeholders during business hours.
- Completing accurate case documentation and agency paperwork in a timely, correct, and thorough manner.
- Compile, analyze and submit data and narratives for project reports as required by contract.
- Attending and participating in case management trainings. This includes one mandatory staff
- meeting/training per quarter.
- Participating in required client care supervision on a regular basis as required by state law and A New Leaf policy.
- Supporting administrative staffing.
- Driving personal vehicle to conduct program business, facilitate trainings, and go to community events
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds.
- High School or GED required
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience working with domestic violence, homeless or economically disadvantaged population required
- Knowledge of community resources
- Bilingual in Spanish/English
- Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- Current Auto Liability Insurance
- 39 Month Motor Vehicle Record
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mesa, AZ, USA