Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
Are you passionate about helping others? Change lives daily here at A New Leaf!
DVSTOP is seeking a Part time Evening Case Manager
A New Leaf's Domestic Violence Safe Temporary Overflow Program (DVSTOP). This provides short-term emergency shelter at a confidential location to domestic violence victims and their children when Maricopa County domestic violence shelters are full. This program provides a critical service by offering community resources, streaming shelter access, and expediting services for those at highest risk. services.
Schedule: Mon-Thurs, 3:30p - 9:30p & Friday 4:30p - 9:30p
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Pay Rate: $16.00 / hour
Major areas of responsibility (including but not limited to):
- Provide case management services to domestic violence clients.
- Providing daily crisis intervention, domestic violence education, and resource and referral services to callers on the crisis hotline.
- Perform intake screenings, lethality assessments and basic needs assessments for potential clients.
- Communicate with hotel/motel and/or transportation agencies for client placement.
- Providing referrals and/or coordinating transportation for families to community services as needed. Access community resources for obtaining assistance when needed; coordinate services with clients and other service providers.
- Provide educational information as needed to assist clients/families in reaching goals.
- Complete accurate case documentation and agency paperwork in a timely, correct and thorough manner.
- Participate in required training's and Client Care Supervision on a regular basis as required by state law.
- High school diploma or GED required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Experience working with domestic violence, homeless or economically disadvantaged population, is required.
- Previous experience working with multi-line telephones, and high call volume.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with reliable transportation.
- Current auto liability insurance and a clean 39-month motor vehicle record.
- Must possess a Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card or be able to pass various background checks in order to obtain one.
- Due to state licensing requirements, applicants must be a minimum 21 years of age.
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!