Homeless Shelter Support Staff
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
We are looking for 2 full-time Support Partners who will assist the program and the clients by providing a supportive environment to assure safety and respect.
- Document (verbal/written) and submit significant and routine paperwork such as progress notes, daily activities, special concerns, client intake/exit forms, etc.
- Answer and screen phone calls (multiple lines), and be able to provide resources/screening crisis calls.
- Assist with the introduction of program and facility orientation.
- Brief clients on house rules, chores, housekeeping, requirements, fire safety instructions, and assuring adherence.
- Participate in required client care supervision on a regular basis as required by state law and A New Leaf policy.
- Provide varied verbal and physical crisis intervention as needed.
- Assist with maintaining program appearance; cleanliness and maintenance of agency physical plant, equipment and/or agency vehicles. May report repairs and maintenance needs.
- Prepare and/or assist with meal/snack preparation serving, and cleanup. Responsible for overseeing and organizing Volunteer Meal Program.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience working with homeless or economically disadvantaged population preferred, but not required.
- Due to state licensing, applicants must be a minimum 21 years old.
- Demonstrate and provide strong communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Committed to teamwork and have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- The skills necessary to engage and work with others from diverse ethnic and cultural groups, coupled with maintaining professionalism at all times.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with reliable transportation, current auto liability insurance and a clean 39-month motor vehicle record.
- A Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card or be able to pass various background checks in order to obtain one.
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mesa, AZ, USA