East Valley Youth Care Worker - Behavioral Health
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
- Engage in family centered, strength-based treatment planning and coordination and report client needs to Child and Family Team and serves as a positive role model/mentor for the client.
- Maintain accurate, through and current documentation of contact with clients/families. Document (verbal/written) and submit significant paperwork such as progress notes, daily activities, varied incident reports, etc., as required by program and submit appropriately
- Develop and maintain therapeutic relationships with clients and significant support systems.
- Provide information, education and guidance to clients and support system members, advocacy and coordination of care.
- Accompany clients to approved activities, model appropriate behaviors, serve as positive role model/mentor for the clients and provides minimal tutoring/help with homework.
- Utilize Positive Behavioral Support methodology when planning/participating in the activities to support child/family specific treatment goals.
- Follow prescribed treatment plans for children and show concern and caring for children in trouble.
- Receive Clinical Oversight as required by state law and A New Leaf policy and procedures.
- Due to state licensing requirements, applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED, Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 6 weeks of behavioral health experience or 2 college courses that are behavioral health related, required. Personal experience qualifies.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with reliable transportation.
- Current auto liability insurance and a clean 39-month motor vehicle record.
- Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card or be able to pass various background checks in order to obtain one.
- Proficiency with personal computers and applicable software programs.
- Have the skills necessary to engage and work with others.
- Demonstrate and provide strong communications skills both verbally and in writing.
- Be committed to teamwork and have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mesa, AZ, USA