ORR Bilingual Clinician I
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
1. Document (verbal/written) and submit significant and routine paperwork such as progress notes, statistical reports, daily activities, upcoming events, special concerns, varied incident reports, etc., as required by the program and submit to appropriate personnel.
2. Conduct mental health assessments.
3. Provide ongoing individual and group counselling services.
4. Screen for human trafficking concerns.
5. Provide crisis intervention services.
6. Provide varied verbal and physical crisis intervention and counseling.
7. Directly responsible to the Lead Clinician and Clinical Director/Clinical Supervisor for administrative and clinical issues regarding admission, discharge and utilization management issues, while in conformance with accepted clinical practice and the agency’s program definition and policies.
8. Complete staffing notes for multi-disciplinary clinical team reviews.
9. Support Utilization Management functions as needed in conjunction with Lead Clinician/Clinical Director.
10. Train and supervise new staff as needed.
11. Provide Initial Assessments.
12. Develop Individualized Service Plans.
13. Develop Crisis and Safety plans.
14. Provide individual, group, and/or family counseling in office in accordance with client/family strengths and needs.
15. Evaluate and continually monitor client/family progress in meeting goals and anticipated outcomes.
16. Provide case management services as needed.
17. Maintain the clinical records in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and A NEW LEAF policy and procedures.
18. Receive clinical oversight as required by state law and A NEW LEAF policy and procedures.
19. Provide training on an as needed basis to ORR Youth Care Workers.
20. Participate and successfully complete all training A NEW LEAF deems necessary.
21. Drive clients in personal vehicle or agency passenger van to appointments, activities, or facilities as needed.
22. Drive personal vehicle or agency passenger van to conduct program business as needed.
1. Maintain a professional working relationship with clients, A NEW LEAF employees, community members and the public to ensure proper representation of A NEW LEAF.
2. Be aware of, and abide by, the rules and regulations governing the professional behavior of A NEW LEAF staff, including: code of conduct, ethics, professional standards, contractual obligations and general demeanor.
3. Attend and participate in meetings and/or projects as requested by management.
4. Complete and maintain all required training A NEW LEAF deems necessary.
5. Assist with responsibility for appearance, cleanliness, and maintenance of facility and equipment in the agency.
6. As a mandated reporter and per Arizona statute A.R.S. § 13-3620 any person who reasonably believes that a minor is or has been the victim of any type of abuse or neglect that appears to have been inflicted on the minor by other than accidental means shall immediately report this information. As an employee of A NEW LEAF,
you must report the suspected abuse to your Supervisor, Manager, Director, Clinical Director, or Chief Officer and have them help you make the report to the appropriate authorities. Reports should be made to either the local law enforcement agency or child protective services (1-888-SOS-CHILD). Generally, if the suspected abuse is committed by a family member or legal guardian the report should be made to child protective services. All other reports should be made to law enforcement.
· Master’s degree in social work with clinical experience in the program, or Master’s degree in psychology, sociology, or other relevant behavioral science in which direct clinical experience is a program requirement, required.
· Must be licensed or eligible for licensure.
· Bilingual; possess effective verbal and written language skills in English and Spanish.
· Minimum 1-year behavioral health work experience.
· Minimum 1-year work experience with minors.
· Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card
· Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
· Current Auto Liability Insurance
· 39 Month Motor Vehicle Record
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Mesa, AZ, USA