Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
* Bilingual - Spanish Required. Must met agency standard and have the ability to communicate effectively in Spanish and the ability to interpret and translate.We are searching for a Full-time Bilingual Teacher to be a part of the already amazing and dedicated team ORR team!
Schedule: Mon-Fri, 7A-3P
Pay Rate: $46,000/annually
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
1. Implement teacher designed lesson plans and exhibit collaboration between other teachers and members of the support staff/treatment team
2. Administer academic assessments, track progress and maintain accurate educational records
3. Utilize effective classroom management techniques and ensure the security of all educational/testing instruments.
4. Responsible for all teaching duties including supervision of students during non- academic times including lunch period and stress relief.
5. Responsible to complete all paperwork required by the school and ORR program
6. Attend/complete all require trainings and meetings
7. Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal
1. Maintain a professional working relationship with clients, A NEW LEAF employees, community members and the public to ensure proper representation of A NEW LEAF.
2. Be aware of, and abide by, the rules and regulations governing the professional behavior of A NEW LEAF staff, including: code of conduct, ethics, professional standards, contractual obligations and general demeanor.
3. Attend and participate in meetings and/or projects as requested by management.
4. Complete and maintain all required training A NEW LEAF deems necessary.
5. Assist with responsibility for appearance, cleanliness, and maintenance of facility and equipment in the agency.
6. As a mandated reporter and per Arizona statute A.R.S. § 13-3620 any person who reasonably believes that a minor is or has been the victim of any type of abuse or neglect that appears to have been inflicted on the minor by other than accidental means shall immediately report this information. As an employee of A NEW LEAF, you must report the suspected abuse to your Supervisor, Manager, Director, Clinical Director, or Chief Officer and have them help you make the report to the appropriate authorities. Reports should be made to either the local law enforcement agency or child protective services (1-888-SOS-CHILD). Generally, if the suspected abuse is committed by a family member or legal guardian the report should be made to child protective services. All other reports should be made to law enforcement.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university
· Current valid Arizona Department of Eduction (ADE) Teaching Certificate related to the field of the teaching position and/or have eligibility for an emergency teaching certificate or substitute certification
· Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card
· Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
· Current Auto Liability Insurance
· 39 Month Motor Vehicle Record
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!