Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
A New Leaf's Mesa Community Action Network (MesaCAN) has served low-income Mesa residents by meeting their immediate needs and providing programs and support. MesaCAN makes an important impact in the community, increasing the stability and security of low-income households across Mesa.
A New Leaf is seeking a Full Time Spanish Bilingual Case Manager for our MesaCan Client Emergency Services Program!
SCHEDULE: Full Time; Monday - Friday, 8am - 5p
Pay Rate: $13.50/hr
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes all actions required for active case management including, but not limited to, benefit eligibility and disbursement, creating and maintaining client files, follow-up actions on the client’s status, recommending other MesaCAN program opportunities.
- Check phone messages, call clients, and do assessments by phone and make sure clients are income eligible and inform them of all documents required.
- Developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with consumers, their family members and significant support systems.
- Scheduling, facilitating, and/or participating in Family/Individual, Case Management as appropriate. Updating and completing staffing notes.
- Begin active case management to each client who request additional MesaCAN services. Coordinating services with clients/families and other services providers.
- Assisting consumers and families in obtaining community services and entitlements, securing appointments with outside services and agencies as needed, including identification of funding sources and linkages to other agencies/services.
- Being available and responsive to consumers/families and stakeholders during business hours.
- Coordinating services with clients/families and other services providers. Providing information as needed to assist client/families in researching goals.
- Maintaining client demographic information and reporting this information via database input to the designated system by program guidelines and the Program Manager.
- Performing intake screenings eligibility determination for crisis prevention program services, basic needs assessments for potential clients (as relevant to program/client needs).
- Assisting consumers/families and other team members in identifying and resolving barriers to the implementation of their Individual Case Plan (ICP). Using Practice Guidelines and best practices when designing ICP designed plans.
- Must be bilingual and able to speak Spanish and English
- High school diploma or GED; Associate’s or Bachelor's Degree in a related field preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience in a related field is required.
- Must possess a knowledge of community resources.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with reliable transportation, current auto liability insurance and a clean 39-month motor vehicle record.
- Have a Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card or be able to pass various background checks in order to obtain one.
- Must be committed to teamwork and have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!