Compliance Rep. - Compliance - Operator/Equipment
Hours: M-F, 9am-6pm
Handle all Business Capacity Owner (BCO) equipment and operator issues and files in regard to federal Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements/recommendations, local, state laws, Ministry of Transportation (MTO) and Landstar company policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Provide telephone customer service for inspection sites, tractor, trailer and operator issues.
- Conduct random drug and alcohol test notifications.
- Process DOT inspections/citations.
- Process tractor-trailer inspections/maintenance/failed/POs according to procedure.
- Enforce Landstar equipment/operator compliance policies and procedures, DOT and MTO.
- File/package/scan/index/shred paperwork according to procedure.
- Counsel/cancel/re-power according to procedure.
- Audit/maintain files.
- Process DOT physicals, CDLs, annual reviews, hazmat tests and endorsements.
- Process passenger authorizations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to follow and enforce strict federal regulations and company guidelines with integrity, professionalism and ethics.
Data entry skills, 88+ kpm, preferred
Knowledge of iSeries 400, helpful
Working knowledge of Word and Excel
Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
Excellent communication and customer service skills
Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and multi-task
Excellent teamwork skills
Excellent problem-solving skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCEMinimum Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) req.
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America