Corporate Travel Agent/Counselor - Jacksonville, FL
Landstar is seeking an experienced corporate travel agent to serve as Senior Corporate Travel Counselor who manages and conducts all aspects of the company’s corporate business travel – that’s over 3,500 flights and hotel rooms on average a year.
We’re looking for a travel coordinating genius extraordinaire who is professional and courteous, service-oriented, reliable, accurate and efficient, calm under pressure, a self-starter and problem-solver, and a multi-tasker with excellent time management skills … who is also a pleasure to work with. Why? This position conducts all aspects of the corporate travel function, including assisting company employees and executives with their travel arrangements, working with travelers on solving issues with delays and cancellations, negotiating travel rates and discounts, recovering and tracking unused / cancelled travel, and much more!
- Maintaining strict confidentiality
- Providing resolution for escalated issues
- Effectively communicating and working with internal and external customers
- Exercising sound independent judgement
- Upholding quality processes, policies and protocols
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships
Required duties and skills:
- Expert knowledge of travel-related systems, including Worldspan by Travelport, TRAMS, Grasp Prepare, Prism, ARC/IAR and Concur
- Excellent customer service skills and professional phone etiquette
- Expertise in researching and securing business travel services, including air/rail transportation, hotel stays and auto rentals; negotiating lowest rates
- Ability to exercise discretion in evaluating services, rates and dependability of providers and makes appropriate selection
- Knowledge of destination geography to include expedient, cost effective and preferred travel routes
- Ability to negotiate lowest rates, discounts, corporate rates with airline, hotel, other providers
- Expertise in counseling clients on efficient routes, lowest available fares, exchange rates and travel products/services; evaluate and provide special requests
- Maintain quality control of all tickets before issuing to ensure company travel policy is being adhered to and all airline, car rental and hotel dates are correct
- Monitor flights on heavy corporate travel days for delays and cancellations
- Analysis of billing information monthly and authorize payment, ensuring proper discounts are applied
- Liaison between client and provider for problem resolution
- This is a remote position and must live within a 2 hour range from Jacksonville, Florida
Education and experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); A.A. degree preferred
Five (5) years work experience, either in corporate travel or as travel agent
Airline Reporting Corporation (ARC) certified specialist, required
Certified travel associate (CTA) or certified travel counselor (CTC), required
Salary and benefits:
Annual salary for this exempt position is commensurate with experience and industry standards. Landstar also offers healthcare and dental insurance, pet insurance, paid vacation and flexible time, and company-match 401(k) retirement plans.
This position is remote (work from home) for candidates within an approximate two-hour drive to Jacksonville, Florida, for occasional in-office meetings.
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Landstar System, Inc., 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America