This position supervises and manages the Heavy Specialized Business Development Group in order to meet and exceed the needs of the customer and to increase Heavy Specialized load count and revenue. This position also supports the Heavy Specialized Sales Team in continued development of existing accounts and with development of new accounts; as well as support and team with the Heavy Specialized Audit and Ops Departments in business growth while maintaining compliance with all Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations concerning the transport of OD/OW shipments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Oversee and manage the Heavy Specialized Business Development Group to increase Heavy Specialized revenue by working with agents to market, sell, teach, and develop their Heavy Specialized customer base by teaching them how to identify and develop customer leads, rate/price heavy specialized business, source capacity, and further develop existing customer business.
• Oversee bid requests to insure accuracy and timeliness and that all customer requirements are met.
• Utilize all resources to develop solutions to all customer requests for transport of goods and services.
• Assist Region management in marketing and developing heavy specialized opportunities.
• Work with Region management to identify and pursue additional opportunities.
• Define processes for all phases of customer support, identify gaps in processes, and continually improve processes for efficiency and customer satisfaction.
• Develop and maintain reports to support all areas of the Heavy Specialized Dept utilizing Cognos and various query functions.
• Identify and develop relationships with super load carriers in order to quote and secure additional business from existing customers
• Work with BCO and third party capacity to identify their capabilities and trailer specification and share with agents in order to increase the ability to meet the customer’s needs.
• Attend LSO meetings and develop meaningful relationships with agents and region management.
• Measure revenue with existing heavy specialized customers, identify opportunities for growth, and develop reports and measurements to share with agents and region management on a monthly basis.
• Identify and develop new opportunities by researching shippers and consignees from existing business and by identifying leads from periodicals, web searches, etc.
• Utilize Salesforce for logging new leads and running reports.
Order super load permits and assist with issues as required by states.
• Must perform duties to the standards of the job description and comply with the company's policies, practices and procedures.
• Efficient in Microsoft Office
• Analytical problem solving skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, makes presentations and conducts
meetings as needed
• Superb interpersonal skills
• Professional demeanor
• Good organizational skills
• Knowledge of Heavy Specialized equipment, rules, and regulations is preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from
four-year college or university, preferred
• Minimum Experience: Two years in a manager role
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.