Design, develop, configure, deploy and support the Web Development group’s web-based and mobile applications serving the transportation industry. Work with the Web Development staff and others in Information Technology to configure and deploy application and system software toward the goal of providing necessary business functionality and ensuring appropriate 24x7 service level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Technical lead in development and support of multi-tier web applications, mobile applications and API interfaces.
- Assist Architecture and Design team.
- Effectively coordinate efforts with colleagues, and provide leadership to technical staff.
- Create/review project specifications.
- Create and modify software from project specifications.
- Code, supply test data, and debug coding problems.
- Troubleshoot operational problems and restore to normal condition.
- Maintain a 24/7 state of operational readiness.
- Confer with clients and write operational support instructions.
- Develop/review test plans for technical projects as requested.
- Lead and/or conduct all phases of unit testing.
- Coordinate and/or contribute to installation efforts.
- Perform code reviews.
- Evaluate project results and provide feedback to management.
- Other duties may be assigned
This position requires mentoring of employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with Angular.js (version 2 or higher).
- KendoUi and Bootstrap strongly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge and experience developing and supporting .NET web applications, and web services using WCF and web API.
- Experience with UML, design patterns and object oriented principles.
- Experience with SOA and n-tier architecture.
- Experience with Responsive Web Design.
- Experience with Agile development practices.
- Fluency in C# and JQuery.
- Advanced SQL skills including developing stored procedures and user-defined functions, strongly preferred.
- Experience with VS 2015 and TFS 2015 (VS 2017 strongly preferred).
- Experience with SQL Server 2016, Win 2016, MS IIS 10.0 preferred.
- Experience with Azure development is a preferred.
- Experience with mobile technology is a plus.
- Experience with IVR technology is a plus.
- Experience in UX design is a plus.
- Exposure to an IBMi environment is a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university, preferred; and five years progressive experience in web development or comparable related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Landstar System, Inc., 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America