A/R Analyst - Accounts Receivable
Contact customers with delinquent balance accounts. Resolve customer problems that prevent payment on customer accounts.
- Initiate contact with customers to secure payment information and resolve any issues preventing payment
- Explain terms of shipments and order details to resolve non-payment issues
- Learn the reasons for non-payment and understand the steps necessary to bring them to resolution
- Coordinate with internal company departments to resolve problems preventing payment by ordering necessary documents and/or information for customer
- Monitor on a daily basis the credit limits of customers and notify the Credit department of any Issues/problems. Notify agents of their over credit limit amount
- Maintain complete, accurate, and organized records of account activity via system notes, e-mails and memorandums. Retain documentation until the issue is resolved
- Provide Excel reports to management as required or requested
- Communicate with agents, providing detailed information, such as paperwork and/or customer specific requirements, which is needed to resolve the non-payment issue
- Complete bad debt, agent charge back and revenue adjustment forms as necessary throughout the collection process
- Use tools such as Google, State websites, etc., to confirm customer locations and/or relationships between customers and agents that is preventing payment
- Other duties as assigned
- Working knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel
- Data entry skills 88 wpm, required
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to identify trends via analysis as well as implement appropriate action to resolve proactively, timely, and effectively
- Critical thinking-- using logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions or approaches to resolve problems.
- ISeries 400 experience, preferred
- Basic accounting skills with strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task, providing details to management in a clear, concise, timely manner.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Prior Accounts Receivable experience in a professional environment
- Call center experience
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- One to two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Six months for proficiency in role
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America