Service Specialist - Carrier Qualifications
Hours: M-F, 9am-6pm
Act as a customer service provider and specialist to all Landstar agents and third party carriers making qualification inquiries. Implement carrier qualifications through established processes which are then finalized by entering carrier data into iSeries Brokerage Master. The customer service specialist focuses on 1) accurate carrier qualification assessments per uniform policy, 2) timely customer service communications (call queue and email) 3) carrier records maintenance 4) accurate application of descriptive keynotes to carrier records, 5) fulfilling periodic data processing assignments and 6) continuous training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor incoming calls via call center queue and email inquiries regarding third party carrier qualifications from Landstar agents, employees and outside carriers seeking to be a qualified to haul Landstar freight.
- Abide by the established processes of the department
- Enter carrier information into iSeries Brokerage Master Database and all associated databases as required by service type, settlements and customer needs including determining an approved or unapproved status for carriers.
- Timely processing of faxed insurance renewals to continuously maintain a substantial approved carrier count.
- Participate in intermittent carrier data processing assignments; including daily assignments that may be ongoing in nature.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings, learn iSeries screen changes, learn qualification factors and all associated processes, and accurately assess carrier to apply appropriate descriptive keynotes to carrier records.
- Must perform duties to the standards of the job description and comply with the company's policies, practices and procedures. Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Multi-tasking skills essential
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Teamwork essential
· Working knowledge of Word and Excel, preferred
· Data entry skills 88 KPM, required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) required; Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, preferred; six months to one year customer service related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America