Responsible for ensuring Landstar’s company controlled trailing equipment is safe, compliant and well maintained. The position is highly technical and customer service oriented. The Trailer Maintenance Coordinator will interact with maintenance vendors, BCO’s, agents as well as others in the process of maintaining Landstar company controlled equipment. The ideal candidate should have good business judgement, be able to make informed decisions and work independently as well as collaborate with team members.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Independently evaluate and authorize repairs up to $1,000.
- Answer inbound in a timely and professional manner.
- Perform follow up calls to ensure repairs have been completed.
- Serve as a maintenance advisor to BCO’s utilizing company controlled trailing equipment.
- Independently locate and authorize qualified repair facilities to perform repairs for company controlled equipment.
- Research parts distribution network for parts availability.
- Evaluate and document estimates received from vendors over $1000.
- Educate and counsel vendors who have failed to follow Trailer Maintenance procedures.
- Process a Purchase Order for each repair authorized.
- Provide Purchase Order #s to vendors for previously authorized work.
- Research and identify trailing equipment which needs to be inspected and ensure an inspection is completed and documented.
- Work with Safety Department on accidents involving company trailers.
Knowledge of equipment and/or trailer repair and preventative maintenance standards
Excellent communication and listening skills
Strong problem solving skills
Ability to multi-task and make educated decisions under pressure
Strong PC skills (Word, Excel)
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Ability to work effectively with little supervision
Good organizational and follow through skills
Good negotiation skills
Mechanical aptitude and comprehension, preferred
Data entry 88kpm, preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum Education:High school diploma or general education degree (GED), required;
Minimum Experience:One year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America