Director, Pricing Services
Business Development is seeking an experienced individual to direct the pricing bid and administration processes in support of promoting positive and sustainable revenue growth. The primary purpose of the department is to provide competitive rate guidance, facilitate pricing proposals, publish rate profiles, and provide administrative support to our agents and customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Advanced understanding of the transportation procurement process
- Advanced understanding and ability to interpret contracts, bill of ladings and shipment confirmation language
- Advanced understanding of transportation market trends, capacity constraints, regulations, customer requirements and other industry events and trends as it relates to and impacts pricing
- Advanced industry knowledge of historical, current, and potential future market trends in relation to both the contract and spot markets
- Understand and train agents and employees on all available pricing tools; internal and external
- Make strategic recommendations for improvement of the company’s pricing processes and tools
- Serve as subject matter expert on special market intelligence projects, dedicated fleet projects and 3PL pricing solutions
- Assist management to perform audits of bids and contracts to ensure accuracy and process and procedures are being followed
- Facilitate the pricing department’s involvement with the Landstar TMS
- Provide input on issues dealing with any contract, fuel surcharge addendums, pricing schedules and rate publications
- Work with legal to determine contractual obligations related to billing, payment, claim, or other transactional disputes
- Plan and/or attend agent events and training
- Perform complex data queries, analysis and research including executive reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Travel:10 - 20%
- Other duties may be assigned
Assist managers in supervising employees in Pricing Administration, and Pricing Services. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of mainframe applications
- Working knowledge of transportation operations, preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and written, to all levels of employees and management
- Ability to organize, structure, and coordinate the workflow of the department
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Negotiation, conflict resolution and mediation skills
- Working knowledge of financial statements and budget preparation
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred; 4+ years previous pricing management experience or related transportation management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Ability to read, write and speak English.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages. Ability to compute ratio, rate and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to sit at workstation for 8 hour shift and perform extensive computer and telephone work.
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America