Trailer Utilization Coordinator
50330- Trailer Utilization Coordinator
Salary Grade 7
SUMMARY Supports the Trailer Utilization Department in managing the utilization of company controlled trailing equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists agents, BCO’s and third parties via inbound and outbound telephone calls and email in a timely and professional manner Builds and fosters excellent working relationships with BCO’s, agents and third parties
- Coordinates the timely repositioning of trailing equipment to maximize utilization of company controlled equipment in a cost efficient manner
- Researches historical data related to company equipment, BCO’s and agents
- Provide new or existing BCO’s and customer locations with company controlled equipment
- Recover nonproductive company controlled equipment
- Facilitate the turn-in of company controlled equipment from cancelled BCO's Provide payment to contractors for services within department policy
- Proactively identify and facilitate operational solutions to prevent potential problems Maintains current knowledge of Landstar and Trailer Utilization Department policies and procedures
- Project work as needed
- Must perform duties to the standards of the job description and comply with the company's policies, practices, and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent communication, decision making and organizational skills, required
- Proficient knowledge of Word and Excel, required
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines, required
- Call Center experience, preferred
- Transportation industry knowledge, preferred
- Proficient knowledge of iSeries 400 system, preferred
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelors level degree or one to two years related experience High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America