Qualifications Specialist - BCO Qualifications
** This is currently a work at home position, however may be required to work from the office as business needs change **
This position is responsible for the daily activities surrounding the onboarding of qualifying BCOs. Respond to inquiries that arise. Work with multiple parties, both internally and externally, to ensure smooth operations. Examines and evaluates all forms and documents used in BCO Qualifications department by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Responsible for handling disputes with non-qualifying candidates
- Ensure all forms and documents used are current
- Assist in training of new employees
- Termination of operators that do not meet minimum guidelines
- Able to perform duties of qualification technician
- Research and review issues that arise
- Prepare needed documentation
- Increasingly builds judgement and knowledge to use increasing discretion to problem solve
- Ask questions when unsure
- Prepare any needed correspondence
- Work with 3rd parties as needed
- Respond to all inquiries timely
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES and/or SKILLS
·This position works under minimum supervision handling confidential & sensitive information
· Auditing & processing requests to qualify capacity with Landstar following specific guidelines & instructions including FMCSA regulations
·Strong communication skills utilizing telephone and email
·Ability to multitask and problem solve
·Coordinate with multiple departments including Settlements, Compliance and all others that apply
·Data Entry in various Landstar data bases
·Participate in intermittent capacity data processing assignments including daily assignments that may be project oriented
·Other duties as assigned
Proficient in Windows, Word, Excel, Adobe and Outlook
Ability to analyze and interpret data
Ability to prioritize tasks and make sound decisions
Good oral and written communication skills
Good organizational and analytical skills
Excellent customer service skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America