Audit Manager - Internal Audit
Manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. Motivates and leads staff to accomplish goals. Ensures work meets deadlines and accuracy expectations. Complete complex tasks as needed.
For individuals that manage people:
- Organize workflow in area and ensure individual contributors understand duties and delegated tasks
- Monitor productivity and ensure work is completed to meet required standards
- Delegates work as needed to ensure all projects are completed accurately and timely
- Provide guidance and coaching to individual contributors on day-to-day issues
- Performs or assists subordinates in performing duties - may perform some daily tasks depending on volume
- Set work schedules, approve weekly timecards, and time off requests for direct reports
- Responsible for hiring and proper training of direct reports
- Responsible for performance management, including annual reviews, goal setting and on-going feedback
Additional responsibilities, including those that manage projects:
- Maintains strict confidentiality
- Effectively communicate and work with internal and external customers
- Ensure area goals are met and adhere to budget
- Provide resolution for escalated customer issues
- Regularly exercises independent judgment and discretion in daily activities and work directly related to department policies
- Extensive knowledge of department
- Efficient in Microsoft Office
- SOX internal audit experience
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, makes presentations and conducts meetings as needed
- Superb interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent organizational skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Accounting, Business or other related concentration, preferred
- Minimum Experience: Two-three years in a lead/supervisory role
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES and/or SKILLS
- Assist the Director of Internal Audit in development and completion of the annual audit plan.
- Assist the Director of Internal Audit in assessing the adequacy and effectiveness SOX, financial reporting, IT and Operations controls and procedures.
- Assist the Internal Audit Director in concluding over the company’s financial statements and compliance with other external and internal requirements
- Development of Audit test programs in compliance with the audit scope and objective
- Prepare own and review work papers prepared by others for compliance with department methodology and quality requirements.
- Report audit progress, conclusions and emerging findings to the Director Internal Audit timely.
- Maintain sound communication and relationships throughout the entire lifecycle of the audit with both the Internal Audit Director and business management.
- Prepare formal written reports, expressing opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of the framework under which activities are carried out.
- Appraise the adequacy of the corrective action taken to improve deficient/non-conforming conditions
- Support activities in relations to the companies external financial auditors, customer audits and audits by other external bodies
- Act as subject matter expert and perform as needed, activities in relation to the maintenance of ISO 9001, RC14001 or related certifications
- Maintain awareness of current changes related to job/company/industry via governing information provided by the PCAOB, AICPA, IIA, ISO, EPA, etc.
- Complete annual SmartWay submission.
- Ability to effectively analyze, draw sound conclusions and recommendations for improvement.
- Certified Public Accountant and/or Certified Internal Auditor preferred, or on track for CPA and/or CIA
- Other duties as assigned
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Landstar System, Inc., 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America