Trailer Maintenance Coordinator
***Hours for this position are M-F, 10am – 7pm
Assure that company-controlled trailing equipment is safe and road-worthy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure repairs meet company requirements.
- Advise drivers of tractor/trailer inspection due dates and approved sites.
- Issue pre-repair authorization to vendors.
- Issue purchase orders and audit invoices.
- Assist drivers in finding repair facilities for routine/emergency repairs.
- Identify trailing equipment that needs to be inspected and work with drivers to ensure that inspection is completed and documented.
- Ensure repair costs are within budget guidelines.
- Work with Compliance Department on BCO issues.
- Work with Safety Department on accidents involving company trailers.
- Work nights, weekends and/or holidays when needed
- Must perform duties to the standards of the job description and comply with the company's policies, practices, and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Knowledge of equipment and/or trailer repair and preventative maintenance standards, preferred
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and make educated decisions under pressure
- Strong PC skills (Word, Excel)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with little supervision
- Good organizational and follow through skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Mechanical aptitude and comprehension, very helpful
- Data entry 88kpm, preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), required; at least one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America