Strategic Capacity Manager - Landstar Blue
Strategic Capacity Manager
**This is a REMOTE position**
This position’s main objective is to establish strategic relationships with the top asset-based transportation providers in an assigned region in order to broaden Landstar’s ability to capture effective capacity and secure competitive pricing levels.
Make outgoing and take incoming carrier solicitation calls with the objective of identifying a strategic decision maker at a carrier, viable operations contacts, and learn about the carriers’ needs and network for future partnership opportunities
- Capture, update, and store contact information and carrier needs in a database / spreadsheet
- Distribute customer RFP and lane opportunities to carriers
- Negotiate rates and capacity commitments on awarded or current business with carriers in conjunction with the Pricing department
- Learn the Landstar Transportation Network to the extent that opportunities are known and can be discussed with the carriers
- Discuss back haul and continuous capacity opportunities within the Landstar Network with carriers
- Work with Independent Landstar Agents when needed to suggest carriers for their specific business needs
- Work with Logistics Account Managers at Landstar Blue as needed to cover ad hoc and emergency loads
- Work with the Carrier Relations Operations Manager (Pricing Department) when having lane implementation meetings and Quarterly Business Reviews
- Travel as necessary to carrier locations, conferences, and meetings
- A minimum of 3-5 years of carrier relations or capacity development responsibilities
- Ability to understand and negotiate transportation rates and capacity
- 10% travel
- English/Spanish bilingual, preferred
- High School Diploma, required
- Associate Degree, preferred
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Jacksonville, FL, USA