Brokerage Payables Clerk
Act as a customer service provider to all Landstar Truckload carriers and Logistics Truckload, regarding settlements owed. Responsible for performing settlement adjustments, remitting payment to carriers and responding to all inquiries related to settlement issues.
- Answer telephone calls ranging from 100-150 a day
- Verify carrier name and address and amounts for accuracy
- Monitor incoming calls via call center queue and email inquiries regarding settlement issues.
- Research and resolve settlement discrepancies.
- Process adjustments to freight bills from Accounts Receivable, claims department, customer service, agents, etc.
- Review and work reports, daily redfile report, stale dated, over 10K, etc.
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Data entry skills 88+ kpm
- 10-key skills 100+ kpm, preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Excellent telephone and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Must be dependable and able to accept responsibility for work performed
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Teamwork essential
- Ability to multitask
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum Education - High school diploma or general education degree (GED), required;
Minimum Experience - One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 1000 Simpson Rd, Rockford, Illinois, United States of America
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America