Solutions Provider, 6pm - 5am Wednesday - Saturday, Rockford, IL
HOURS: 6pm - 5am Wednesday - Saturday
SUMMARY Work with assigned agents reviewing the processes that impact the customer experience. Assist in identifying procedural best practices organizationally and locally and documenting them for corporate reference. To ensure safe on-time pickup and delivery as well as claim free shipments for all automotive loads. Provide assistance to agents, BCOs and field personnel 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To fairly arbitrate any customer, BCO, Broker Carrier or agent conflicts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, but are not limited to:
- Respond to and resolve pickup, transit, delivery and other logistics issues and/or complaints between agents, BCOs and customers.
- Recommend, if any and, what type of corrective action is warranted for service issues caused by agents or capacity who fail to follow Landstar policy, customer requirements or Auto Quality guidelines.
- Monitor customer websites i.e. EDI, eSupplier Connect, Penske, ACG, LMS (Ryder) for on-time pickup and delivery.
- Document and complete any real or potential issue on the Landstar Service Incident Report (LSIR)/Exception Report.
- Handle all incoming customer calls tracking loads, adding or canceling shipments of contracted routes.
- Monitor and assist trailer utilization/maintenance in conjunction with automotive agents and all automotive trailer pools.
- Administer load enhancements to ensure coverage of automotive shipments.
- Assist claims department with all automotive service claims: provide any documentation that pertains to the service incidents so that a decision for payment can be made.
- Understand all automotive customer requirements and perform the job functions of each.
- Provide data-driven spreadsheets and customer/agent scorecards to manage current shipments and issues as required.
- Attend customer conference calls for new lanes as required.
- Assist agents in covering their automotive freight, obtain outside assistance to haul any uncovered automotive freight that Landstar cannot provide coverage for.
- Act as a liaison to the 3PLs (Third Party Logistics) between the agent and the customer.
- Contact selected BCOs on random drug and breath alcohol tests as required.
- Assist agents in understanding all customer scorecards and requirements.
- Train agents on how to use and update all customer websites i.e. EDI, eSupplier Connect, Penske, ACG, LMS (Ryder).
- Update and send documents to agents of any changes to an existing lane utilizing the New Business Profile (NBP) as directed?
- Maintain and update Policy IQ as directed.
- Complete special projects as directed.
- Work a schedule that staffs Automotive Services 24/7 including weekends and holidays.
- Coordinate creation, management and input data for all customer/agent scorecards, coordinates preparation of the scorecards; reviews for accuracy and resolved issues when necessary; recommends improvement in procedures and processes as directed.
- Organizes and prepares weekly, monthly and quarterly reports; collects and summarizes data for Management for each report which include the following but are not limited to:
- LSIR History as directed.
- Phone Report as directed.
- Revenue Report as directed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be willing to follow and execute the standards set forth of AQ (AutoQuality).
Travel required – up to 5%
Geographical knowledge – North America
Working knowledge Word, Excel, Internet and Outlook, required.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong organizational skills
Operational or transportation experience, preferred
AS/400 experience, preferred
EDI skills, preferred
Must be able to make decisions with limited or no supervision as management is not on site 24/7
Creative problem solving skills required to build and implement a bid database from scratch
Employee must be able to work independently
Position is complex and requires employee to manage multiple tasks, long term and short term projects
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
Minimum of 6 months previous Administrative experience in a similar environment, required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to read, write and speak English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk; and lift or move up to 25 pounds.
Ability to sit at workstation for 12 hour shift and perform extensive computer and telephone work.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 1000 Simpson Rd, Rockford, Illinois, United States of America