Operations Management Intern
Since 1941, we’ve positioned KI as the furniture company that best understands the furniture industry and is committed to providing customers with the smart solutions. By targeting specific markets with solutions for business furniture, university furniture, educational furniture, healthcare furniture and government furniture, we can quickly respond to our customers’ unique needs – including the choice to procure furniture according to what fits their ordering and fulfillment process. That’s why we say we offer far more than furniture. We’re Furnishing Knowledge.
KI in Green Bay is looking for 2 Operations Management Interns to help on our 1st and 3rd shifts. This individual will work closely with the full time Manager(s) on those shifts.
Hired applicants will assist the shift process manager with the following:
- Monitoring day-to-day activities of technicians, balancing labor and schedules for respective cells, while maintaining high quality standards and implementing cost savings ideas.
- Communicate with Process Managers and Managers on a daily basis to insure on-time delivery of quality products.
- Maintain open channels of communication with production technicians.
- Train new employees in KI philosophies and methods.
- Cross-train employees to assure adequate coverage in case of planned or unplanned absences.
- Implement and assist in the success of Lean manufacturing methods.
- Conduct meetings with employees to keep them informed of KI team goals, policies, plans, and changes.
- Objectively provide feedback to temporary employees regarding work performance
- Communicate situations that may require disciplinary action to the appropriate Process Manager and HR
- Effectively resolve employee conflicts that may
An ideal candidate for this role will have availability to start the internship in January on a part-time basis for training purposes. This individual should be able/willing to work full time (and overtime/weekends if needed) over the summer.
Qualified candidates must be currently enrolled in a Operations Management or Business Administration program. Ideally this position is for a student who is has at least completed the first two years in their program. In addition to this, the qualified candidate will have excellent communication skills, the ability to be analytical, and be a creative problem solver.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Green Bay, WI - Manufacturing, 1330 Bellevue St, Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States of America