Production Tech III-Fabrication (2nd shift)
Since 1941, we’ve positioned KI as the furniture company that best understands the furniture industry and is committed to providing customers with the smart solutions. By targeting specific markets with solutions for business furniture, university furniture, educational furniture, healthcare furniture and government furniture, we can quickly respond to our customers’ unique needs – including the choice to procure furniture according to what fits their ordering and fulfillment process. That’s why we say we offer far more than furniture. We’re Furnishing Knowledge.
As a Production Technician in the Fabrication Department employees are responsible for providing support to the manufacturing plant by means of running machines such as brake press, punch press, roll former, monarch operation.
· Adjust and correct machine set-ups to eliminate product defects
· Monitor machine cycles and mill operation to detect jamming and ensure that products conform to specifications
· Examine, inspect, and measure raw materials and finished products to verify conformance to specification
· Thread and feed material through machines, run, troubleshoot machines and resolve issues as needed
· Participate in continuous improvement activities to include Kaizen events, layout planning, etc.
· Provide suggestions and monitor productivity and downtime issues
· Be open to changes occurring to improve processes
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Soft Skills: Positive attitude, willingness to learn, regular attendance, frequent interaction with others
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints. Must be willing to lift up to 40 pounds, consistent lifting and bending
· Proficiency in precision measurement and inspection
· Strong mechanical and math aptitude
· Competitive base wages + $0.95 shift premium (for 2nd shift opportunities)
· Monthly Goal Sharing bonus program with earning potential of up to $190 per month
· 15 Minute paid break
· Health, Vision, Dental Insurance
· HSA w/ Employer Contribution
· Celebration of Achievements
· Employee Stock Ownership Program *Once vesting period is met
· Tuition Reimbursement
· + MORE!
To learn more about KI and the opportunity to start furnishing knowledge in a new career path please apply online or contact HR for assistance.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Manitowoc, WI - Manufacturing, 1400 S 41st St, Manitowoc, Wisconsin, United States of America