Production Tech I-Fabrication (2nd shift)
Since 1941, we’ve positioned KI as the furniture company that best understands the furniture industry and is committed to providing customers with the smart solutions. By targeting specific markets with solutions for business furniture, university furniture, educational furniture, healthcare furniture and government furniture, we can quickly respond to our customers’ unique needs – including the choice to procure furniture according to what fits their ordering and fulfillment process. That’s why we say we offer far more than furniture. We’re Furnishing Knowledge.
As a Production Technician in the Fabrication Department employees are responsible for providing support to the manufacturing plant by means of running machines such as brake press, punch press, roll former, monarch operation.
· Operates electrically powered presses to cut, shape and form metal, plastic and other materials as needed for production
· Performs such operations as blanking, bending, punching and forming based on blueprints and other instructions
· Configures equipment and calibrates gauge settings and recognizes conditions of dies
Loads material onto the equipment while feeding material through die and removes parts from the die
· Perform trouble shooting and all other activities for the area assigned
· Participate in continuous improvement activities to include Kaizen events, layout planning, etc.
· Provide suggestions and monitor productivity and downtime issues
· Be open to changes occurring to improve processes
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Soft Skills: Positive attitude, willingness to learn, regular attendance, frequent interaction with others
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints. Must be willing to lift up to 40 pounds, consistent lifting and bending
· Competitive base wages + $0.95 shift premium (for 2nd shift opportunities)
· Monthly Goal Sharing bonus program with earning potential of up to $190 per month
· 15 Minute paid break
· Health, Vision, Dental Insurance
· HSA w/ Employer Contribution
· Celebration of Achievements
· Employee Stock Ownership Program *Once vesting period is met
· Tuition Reimbursement
· + MORE!
To learn more about KI and the opportunity to start furnishing knowledge in a new career path please apply online or contact HR for assistance.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Manitowoc, WI - Manufacturing, 1400 S 41st St, Manitowoc, Wisconsin, United States of America