Team Member - 3rd Shift (Warehouse)
This posting is always available and collecting applications.
J.J. Taylor Distributing, Florida Inc. is a leading beer distributor in the state and distributes the products of over 70 suppliers including; Miller, Coors, Heineken, Guinness, Yuengling, Sierra Nevada, and Sam Adams to name a few. Our mission is to be “First Choice” for our employees, customers and suppliers and creating value through optimal growth as the “variety leader” in the beverage industry. The Company has been recognized with many distinctions including the National Beer Wholesaler Association’s Craft Beer Distributor of the Year.
Schedule: Monday thru Friday - 5:00 PM until done.
Pay: $15 to $20.50 per hour earning potential depending on position and performance.
- Order Selector
Loads and/or unloads product (to include alcoholic beverages and cigarettes) delivered to the warehouse depending on which shift or warehouse the team member is assigned. Moves product around within warehouses so inventory can be easily accessed for processing of orders.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
· Unloads incoming product to the warehouse using forklift or by hand when required if working the day shift. Verifies inventory of incoming product.
· Stacks pallets of product in designated areas in the warehouse. Puts keg stock in cooler (with forklift).
· Rotates stock and checks for pull dates if working the day shift.
· Loads dunnage to return to brewery if working the day shift.
· Counts and verifies outgoing keg or case loads against loadsheets.
· Loads trucks in accordance with drivers’ load sheets.
· Checks and verifies load sheets and new orders to determine if additional products need to be added to trucks for delivery.
· Loads add on’s onto route trucks for delivery to accounts.
· Unloads any returns from trucks.
· Documents temperatures of kegs received from MillerCoors Breweries if working in keg warehouse if working the day shift.
· Sends bad kegs back to brewery if assigned to the day shift in the keg warehouse.
· Inspects expiration dates on kegs and cases and reports to management on stock about to expire.
· Cleans up cooler or consolidates stock area in case warehouse in order to create room for incoming product if working the day shift.
· Completes dunnage reports if working the day shift.
· Conducts inventory of breakage. Counts breakage by truck and account if working the day shift.
· Assists with repacking breakage. Returns repacked beer back on line.
· Adheres to all safety codes and OSHA standards.
· Assists with keeping warehouse clean and orderly.
· Works overtime when required.
Additional Duties And Responsibilities:
· Fills in for personnel on other shifts when required.
· Assembles product for outside distributors and J.J. Taylor accounts.
· Performs any additional duties and special tasks assigned by the Director of Operations or Department Supervisor
Foundation Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Able to work effectively as a member of a team.
· Able to provide courteous and timely service to customers.
· Able to communicate clearly with others.
· Possesses a positive attitude on the job.
· Able to understand and carry out oral and written instructions. Listens actively to others’ directions.
· Is dependable and reliable. Maintains high work standards.
· Able to maintain order and cleanliness of trucks and warehouses.
· Able to plan and organize tasks and time effectively.
· Able to work constructively under stress and pressure.
· Is alert and attentive to details.
· Knowledge of products, product codes and delivery routes.
· Knowledge of proper lifting procedures.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Regularly required to reach with hands and arms, bend, stoop, kneel and climb around warehouse when loading or unloading beer.
· Must be able to regularly unload product (case of beer), which averages to 40 lbs., but can weigh up to a maximum of 49 lbs.
· Able to maneuver a two-wheel dolly effectively. Able to operate a forklift or longfork pallet jack safely and effectively.
· Must be able to lift/move kegs which average 165 lbs.
· High School diploma or GED preferred.
· Previous warehouse experience desired.
· Must be able to obtain a forklift certification.
· Warehouse environment.
· Exposure to extreme temperatures, machinery with moving parts, and dusty conditions.
· Some exposure to noise, high places, electrical shock, fumes, and outside weather conditions, including wet and/or humid conditions.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Job Family Team Member - Warehouse
- Job Function Warehouse
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fort Myers, FL, USA