Merchandiser - Marco Island/Naples/ Bonita Springs
This posting is always available and collecting applications.
We are looking for candidates that are interested and able to run a route in the following cities:
- South Fort Myers
- Bonita Springs
- Marco Island
J.J. Taylor Distributing, Florida Inc. is a leading beer distributor in the state and distributes the products of over 70 suppliers including; Miller, Coors, Heineken, Guinness, Yuengling, Sierra Nevada, and Sam Adams to name a few. Our mission is to be “First Choice” for our employees, customers and suppliers and creating value through optimal growth as the “variety leader” in the beverage industry. The Company has been recognized with many distinctions including the National Beer Wholesaler Association’s Craft Beer Distributor of the Year.
Work Days: 5 days - Weekends are required with two days off during the week.
Hours: 5:00 AM til Done
Delivers and sets up promotion items and displays in accounts in order to attract attention to the company’s beverages. Rotates product using first in-first out rotation standards, filling shelves and coolers, building displays, and ensuring customer satisfaction in all accounts.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
· Fully stocks shelves with all company products according to the plan-o-gram, including coolers, warm shelves, displays, and non-alcoholic products as well, working back stock first before new delivery (FIFO). Does not overfill shelves.
· Ensures shelf tags match the product and packaging.
· Arranges display of items in customer's establishment. Rotates product according to company rotation standards. Front-faces product labels.
· Hangs signs, banners and promotional displays.
· Distributes Point of Sale (POS) items such as neons, clocks, mirrors, posters, inflatables, tackers, glasses, cups, sample kits, case cards, core buff, and pennant string.
· Resets coolers when required.
· Runs emergency or special beer deliveries when needed.
· Maintains back room area in a neat and orderly fashion, keeping like product together.
· Removes all cardboard to baler area, removes empty pallets to designated area outside.
· Picks up POS if necessary.
· Builds and merchandises displays in all assigned accounts, communicating with store reps to obtain feedback about how they would like displays to be built.
· Maintains communication with store management as well as internal communication with sales representatives and management on a daily basis.
· Communicates with sales manager and sales representative of any close-dated products in account.
· Contacts supervisor for direction relating to any out-of-date products.
· Fills out route sheets at each account, obtaining a manager signature or store stamp.
· Responsible for successful completion of Brew U modules.
Additional Duties And Responsibilities:
· Customer Relations: Learns about various products (i.e., lights, darks, IPAs), and is able to assist consumers with questions about company products, to increase customer knowledge as well as sales.
· Acts in a courteous and professional manner in all accounts.
· Performs any additional duties and special tasks assigned by the Sales Manager or Territory Manager.
· Communicates with supervisor when done for the day, to see if any other accounts need service or if coworkers need assistance, in order to keep hours to a minimum.
· Works overtime when required.
Foundation Talents: The following talents strongly contribute to the success of an individual in this position.
· Achiever – People here have a great deal of stamina and work hard. They take great satisfaction from being busy and productive.
· Arranger- People here can organize, but they also have a flexibility that complements this ability. They like to figure out how all of the pieces and resources can be arranged for maximum productivity.
· Includer (Formerly Inclusiveness) - People here are accepting of others. They show awareness of those who feel left out, and make an effort to include them.
· Belief – People here have certain core values that are unchanging. Out of these values emerges a defined purpose for their life.
· Strategic – People here create alternative ways to proceed. Faced with any given scenario, they can quickly spot the relevant patterns and issues.
· Woo- People here love the challenge of meeting new people and winning them over. They derive satisfaction from breaking the ice and making a connection with another person.
· Relator – People here enjoy close relationships with others. They find deep satisfaction in working hard with friends to achieve a goal.
· Responsibility- People here take psychological ownership of what they say they will do. They are committed to stable values such as honesty and loyalty.
Foundation Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The items listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Able to work effectively in a multi-tasking environment.
· Able to work effectively as a member of a team.
· Able to provide courteous and timely service to customers.
· Possesses a positive attitude on the job.
· Able to understand and carry out oral and written instructions. Able to listen actively to others’ directions.
· Able to prioritize tasks and time to ensure completion of all daily projects.
· Able to interact positively and effectively with various types of people.
· Able to be dependable and reliable. Maintains high work standards.
· Able to maintain order and cleanliness of product and materials.
· Able to work constructively under stress and pressure.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must use own means of transportation (i.e., vehicle) to get from account to account in order to service customer accounts/venues.
· Must be able to regularly unload product (case of beer), which averages to 30 lbs., but can weigh up to a maximum of 49 lbs. from delivery vehicle and transport into customer accounts.
· Must be able to move beer within accounts to meet customer demands.
· Requires ability to move easily around account premises in order to inventory current stock levels and display P.O.S.
· Able to rotate product in coolers and on shelves.
· Able to maneuver a two-wheel dolly effectively.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
· Valid Class E driver’s license and acceptable driving record required.
· High School diploma or GED preferred.
· Some previous merchandising, sales, promotions or stocking experience desired.
· Retail store and/or Warehouse environment.
· Exposure to extreme temperatures, fumes, noise, dusty conditions, outside weather conditions, including wet and/or humid conditions.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Job Family Merchandiser
- Job Function Merchandisers
- Pay Type Hourly
- Naples, FL, USA