Driver - Trainee (Delivery)
This posting is always available and collecting applications.
J.J. Taylor Distributing, Florida Inc. is a leading beer distributor in the state and distributes the products of over 70 suppliers including; Miller, Coors, Heineken, Guinness, Yuengling, Sierra Nevada, and Sam Adams to name a few. Our mission is to be “First Choice” for our employees, customers and suppliers and creating value through optimal growth as the “variety leader” in the beverage industry. The Company has been recognized with many distinctions including the National Beer Wholesaler Association’s Craft Beer Distributor of the Year.
Work Days: Tuesday - Saturday
Hours: 5:00 AM til Done
License Requirement: Valid Class A CDL
Drives truck over established, assigned routes to deliver beer and other beverages. Unloads, stocks, and rotates product in stores and other retail establishments. Interacts with customers to take any additional orders or to answer any questions/complaints. Completes all the necessary delivery paperwork.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
· Ensures regular and punctual attendance
· Completes thorough Pre-Trip and Post-Trip Vehicle inspections.
· Reviews truck load sheet in order to ensure no loading errors have occurred.
· Drives truck to deliver product to assigned accounts.
· Unloads beer from truck using appropriate equipment, depending on type of delivery truck.
· Uses Handheld device to prepares invoices, enter payments, look up account balances and input over, short or missing checks and payments, for each stop on assigned route.
· Uses Handheld device to remove missing or damaged product from invoices.
· Collects payment from customers, and records transactions on customer receipt.
· Obtains customer signature on receipt for deliveries.
· Places delivery in coolers and builds in-store displays when required.
· Rotates product during deliveries to ensure all product is on code and fresh.
· Fills racks and prices when delivering to off-premise accounts.
· Settles all invoices and payments, collected during deliveries, at the end of each day.
· Collects damaged or out-of-date product from accounts in order to return to warehouse for credit with necessary documentation.
· Verifies with warehouse personnel all products on the truck at end of day that was returned, refused, or damaged. Completes all necessary paperwork.
· Checks in truck at the end of the day and ensures the inside of truck is clean.
· Communicates with Merchandisers, Sales Representatives, and other vendors in order to successfully complete the delivery of products.
· Listens to and resolves customer complaints. Escalates difficult complaints to a Delivery Manager when necessary.
· Operates vehicles in a safe manner, and obeys all Florida State and DOT laws.
· Adheres to all safety codes and OSHA standards.
· Maintains safe and clean working environment.
· Works overtime when required.
· Understands the bay assignment sheet
Additional Duties And Responsibilities:
· Informs regular customers of new products or services.
· Assists with loading truck when needed.
· Performs any additional duties and special tasks assigned by any member of Delivery Management team.
· Assists with maintaining a current 10-day/DNC list.
Foundation Talents: The following talents strongly contribute to the success of an individual in this position.
· Achiever – People here have a great deal of stamina and work hard. They take great satisfaction from being busy and productive.
· Consistency – People here are keenly aware of the need to treat people the same. They try to treat everyone in the world fairly by setting up clear rules and adhering to them.
· Learner--People here have a great desire to learn and want to continuously improve. In particular, the process of learning, rather than the outcome, excites them.
· Relator – People here enjoy close relationships with others. They find deep satisfaction in working hard with friends to achieve a goal.
· Responsibility- People here take psychological ownership of what they say they will do. They are committed to stable values such as honesty and loyalty.
Foundation Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Able to work effectively in a multi-tasking environment.
· Able to work constructively under stress and pressure.
· Able to interact effectively and positively with team members to accomplish goals.
· Possesses solid customer service skills. Able to provide courteous and timely service to customers.
· Exhibits an appropriate level of patience and tact when dealing with customers’ questions and complaints.
· Displays a high energy level.
· Able to communicate clearly with customers, merchandisers and sales representatives. Listens actively to others.
· Possesses strong organizational skills to ensure all daily tasks are completed.
· Good written communication skills. Able to process necessary paperwork clearly and accurately.
· Able to maintain order and cleanliness of trucks and warehouses.
· Able to accurately attend to details and spot errors when reviewing load sheets and completing paperwork. Basic math skills, including adding and subtracting numbers.
· Knowledge and use of proper lifting procedures.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to drive a truck to deliver product to customer accounts.
· Must be able to regularly unload product (case of beer), which averages to 30 lbs., but can weigh up to a maximum of 49 lbs. from delivery vehicle and transport into customer accounts.
· Must be able to push/pull/lift kegs on a regular basis which average 170 pounds and can weigh up to a maximum of 186 pounds; you must be physically capable of routinely performing lifting at those weight levels and transporting product into customer accounts.
· Able to stock and rotate product in coolers and shelves.
· Able to design and build in-store product displays which may contain several hundred cases of product.
· Able to operate an electric pallet jack effectively.
· Able to maneuver a two/four-wheel dolly effectively.
· High School diploma or GED preferred.
· Minimum of 1-year previous experience as a Driver or Delivery personnel.
· Valid Class A CDL license required.
· Valid DOT Physical card.
· Warehouse environment.
· Regular exposure to extreme temperatures, dusty conditions, fumes, machinery with moving parts, and outside weather conditions, including wet and/or humid conditions.
· Possible exposure to chemicals and other toxicants, electrical shock, loud noise, and high places.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Job Family Driver
- Job Function Delivery
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fort Myers, FL, USA