Senior Systems Engineer - Cloud System Engineer
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
The Senior Systems Engineer is a fully competent technologist who tackles unsolved problems, demonstrates significant professional development, and often helps the team improve.
What you'll do here:
Design and implement a full vulnerability management solution for Jackson Hewitt’s public cloud enterprise wide infrastructure utilizing AWS services such as Systems Manager and EC2 Image Builder.
- This effort must allow for routine scheduled patching and software deployments of first party (i.e. Microsoft Windows, RedHat Enterprise Linux) and third-party platforms (i.e. Google Chrome, Adobe Acrobat)
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate understanding of methods needed for impromptu patching and software deployments to combat Zero Day vulnerabilities of first party (i.e. Microsoft Windows, RedHat Enterprise Linux) and third-party platforms (i.e. Google Chrome, Adobe Acrobat)
Design and implement a DevOps focused operation supporting continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) model for Jackson Hewitt’s public cloud enterprise wide application infrastructure using AWS services such as OpsWorks and Systems Manager in combination with Chef automation software.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to minimize time to deploy Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and virtually eliminate downtime.
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate understanding of automated scalability using AWS Services such as EC2 Auto Scaling groups and CloudWatch triggers.
Develop and implement Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCP/DR) capabilities of Jackson Hewitt’s public cloud enterprise wide infrastructure utilizing AWS services such as AWS S3, Cross region replication, EC2 EBS Snapshot and Backup.
- Minimize outages and data loss during such an event that the configured primary AWS region becomes unavailable
- Adhere to established Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) defined by Jackson Hewitt
- Design and support Microsoft 365 solutions that support a highly collaborative workplace utilizing products such as but not limited to Microsoft Teams, Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint Online, and Microsoft OneDrive for Business.
- This effort includes continuous improvements to existing and legacy platforms through service migrations, new service enablement and following Microsoft’s M365 published platform roadmap
- Establish Operational and Administration best practices for supporting the Microsoft M365 platform
- Assume the Subject Matter Expert role for numerous established and new technologies within the Jackson Hewitt Technical Infrastructure.
Operationalize complex technical implementations by developing documentation, scripts, runbooks and conducting regular knowledge transfer sessions with operational support staff.
Provide expert level troubleshooting of complex issues that may arise within the Jackson Hewitt technology landscape.
Specifies, supports, and maintains technical infrastructure, hardware and system software components.
Plans own work efficiently, and regularly helps others make better plans.
Supports and improves production systems as needed to ensure a good experience for users and efficient operations, working across teams, systems and technical infrastructure as necessary.
Coaches others as needed.
Self-directed working within the defined team process boundaries.
Successfully demonstrates the Jackson Hewitt competencies.
Efforts span across a broad spectrum of technical domains.
Technical designs and approaches require only limited oversight.
Responsible for consistently helping the team improve and deliver outcomes.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills you’ll bring for success:
College graduate with Bachelor of Technology degree or equivalent professional experience.
Advanced knowledge of public cloud technologies; AWS Preferred.
3+ Years managing and supporting Microsoft Office 365 and/or Microsoft Exchange server strongly desired.
7+ Years planning, implementing and supporting solutions consisting of Enterprise class Data Center Server Hardware platforms; including, but not limited to, Blade Systems and HCI.
7+ Years of Windows Server Administration and Support.; Current Microsoft Certification a plus (MCSE/MCSA, etc.).
7+ Years of Linux Server Administration and Support (RedHat based distributions preferred); Current Linux Certification a plus (RHCSA/RHCE, LPIC-1/2).
3+ years supporting AWS, Azure, GCP; Current Public Cloud Certification a plus (Cloud+, AWS CSA-Associate, or Professional, etc.).
Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Splunk including complex query operation, dashboard creation and event correlation
Demonstrated knowledge of deploying AWS services using CloudFormation.
Advanced level knowledge of Enterprise Computer Hardware and Technologies.
Advanced knowledge of Active Directory, IIS, DNS, DHCP, File Services, etc.
Demonstrated analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Ability to clearly communicate with customers and peers.
A strong desire to learn.
Demonstrated ability to create, read, interpret and modify scripts for administration and automation of Infrastructure as Code; Microsoft PowerShell preferred.
What you will get if you join us:
Competitive Salary + Bonus
401k + Match
Medical, Dental and Vision
4 Weeks Paid Time Off + 11 Paid Holidays
Corporate Discount Program
Company Celebrations and Appreciation Events
Fast-paced, innovative culture with an open and collaborative environment
Ample opportunity to develop core and new skillsets and have a stake in your own success
Freedom to create your best work and make a visible impact on the organization
Opportunities for advancement within the organization
- Pay Type Salary
- Sarasota, FL, USA