Reading Truck Group - HR Generalist
JOB TITLE: HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
COMPANY: THE READING TRUCK GROUP
LOCATION: READING, PA
Come Join our Growing HR Team - supporting all production shifts!
Partners with HR Team and Management to formulate HR plans and support the implementation of HR and company initiatives. Provides support in the functional areas of Human Resources including but not limited to Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations, Learning & Development, Compensation, Talent Management, and Compliance. This position supports the Reading Truck Group – Reading Truck Body Team.
We are a leading manufacturer, distributor and fleet sales expert of premium truck bodies with commercial upfit for vocational markets nationwide. We strive for a pioneering attitude and a focused commitment to innovation in all we do.
- Administers or coordinates responsibilities in the following functional areas (Based on Experience and Need):Employee Relations, Talent Management, Learning & Development, Talent Assessment & Succession Planning, Training, Performance Management, Policy implementation & Administration, Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Affirmative Action and Employment Law Compliance.
- Partners with Talent Acquisition Specialist to assist the full life cycle recruitment process, including researching best talent sources & candidate pools, sourcing candidates, scheduling interviews, offer letters, and pre-employment screening.
- Has knowledge and applies commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures related to the Human Resources field.
- Provides coaching and counsel to employees in the areas of HR.
- Partners with HR Peers and Managers in support of any and all of the above areas of focus based on expertise.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Monitors, coaches, trains and provides counsel in the administration of the performance management /evaluation program, and Corrective Action, as necessary.
- Partners with Operations team to track 30/60/90 day performance reviews and provides feedback on disciplinary levels
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
- Administers and facilitates new-employee orientations.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Facilitates or provides learning and development / training to the workforce.
- Organize, assess and track employee training by partnering with operations team to support company production goals.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Represents the company for any unemployment claims.
- Handles outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Position Qualifications & Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED; A.S. or B.S. Degree preferred
- 3-8 years of HR Generalist experience, or equivalent experience
- Manufacturing industry or background preferred
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP Certification preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Experience in the administration, coordination and management of area of Human Resource focus, as stated above in top section.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping. Prefer Ceridian HRIS experience.
- Effective oral and written communication; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- The ability to collaborate with a multi-department team.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to lead team within area of responsibility.
- Must be able to multi-task and follow-up when responses are needed.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
Supervisory responsibilities: None
- Professional office environment; sedentary work with extended periods of computer use.
- Occasional work in warehouse/manufacturing plant.
- Must be able to wear required Personal Protective equipment (PPE)
- Job Family Reading Truck Group
- Pay Type Salary
- Reading, PA, USA