Reading Truck Group - Material Handler (3rd Shift)
Reading Truck Body, an award- winning and innovative manufacturer of truck service bodies and equipment in the Reading, PA area has several opportunities for skilled experienced Material Handlers!
Start your career off with an enhanced vacation package and new starting rates! New Team Members are eligible to receive “TWO” sign on Bonuses each after 90 days with good performance. Fantastic Benefits Program including Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k with Company Match just to name a few. Come join the Reading Team and start your new career today!
The function of the Material Handler is to service production lines by delivering product and components as requested. The Material Handler will complete orders by retrieving and moving materials, and timely and accurately completing the required paperwork associated with the movement of product.
- Adhere to all Safety procedures, processes, and PPE usage.
- Maintain 5S of work area.
- Maintain all Quality specification of work task
- Complete orders by retrieving and moving materials using a hand truck or Powered Tow Motor
- Inspect forklift daily at the start of shift ensuring all safety features are operational.
- Safe operation of forklift when moving materials throughout the facility.
- Assure that all materials that are handled are in a manner that prevents damage.
- Scan receipts, issues to lines, returns, and bar code locations.
- Verify the count of quantities, descriptions of products and materials received, shipped, or moved throughout the facility.
- Service production lines, delivering product, and/or components as requested.
- Timely and accurately complete paperwork associated with the movement of product and materials.
- Perform regular inventory and cycle counts.
- Perform other assignments as required
- Basic math and computer skills
- A high school diploma or GED
- Knowledge of pallet jacks, forklifts and dollies is a plus though not a requirement
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL EXPOSURE:
- Ability to work in hot or cold manufacturing floor environments.
- Ability to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment
COMMENTS: The Reading Group, LLC (TRG) does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, ancestry veteran status or any other status protected by law.
- Job Family Reading Truck Group
- Pay Type Hourly
- Reading, PA, USA