4028A | Peer Specialist
WORKING WITH US
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others.
Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
- 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to generous vacation days
- Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
- Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension.
ABOUT THE JOB
The OnTrackNY Program is an innovative treatment program at The Jewish Board. The program serves adolescents and young adults who are within two years of experiencing the onset of non-affective psychosis. The Peer Specialist on the team would help train clients experiencing early psychosis and serve as a role model and advocate in the areas of entitlements, self-advocacy and empowerment, daily activities, housing, education, and employment utilizing a client-centered approach while maintaining a youth-friendly, person-centered, recovery-focused, and strengths-based service delivery model.
The Jewish Board is currently looking for talented professionals of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions with the following qualifications:
- Some post-secondary education preferred, as is experience with a similar population in a community setting.
- NY Peer Specialist certification is required OR ability to obtain provisional certification within 6 months and standard certification within 12 months of being hired
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Direct Care [200s]
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator 8857 - Case Worker - Social Services - Traveling
- 135 W 50th St, New York, NY 10020, USA