Retail Equity Trader Manager
The Retail Equity Trader Manager will play the key role in overseeing Janney’s retail equity/options trading desk. The role involves processing trading requests from our Private Client Group while supporting our focus on building a culture of excellent customer service combined with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven philosophy. This role requires an experienced candidate with technical capability and strong people leadership.
- Lead a brokerage trading team supporting Janney’s retail Financial Advisors facilitating trades (e.g., risk, not held, notional, etc.) in the equity and options products.
- Utilize trading expertise to ensure best in class trading experience.
- Work with other traders to ensure that all trading activities are in compliance with our best execution policies.
- Leverage trading knowledge and competitive intelligence to influence and support departmental strategy from inception through implementation based on business need.
- Leverage knowledge of industry and regulatory concerns to minimize risk to clients and Janney.
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including vendors and financial regulatory bodies. Partner with Compliance and Legal Counsel in response to regulatory inquiries and examinations.
- Identify improvements to process and technology to enhance control environment and streamline workflows.
- Evaluate market trends to identify potential risks; recommend updates.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Required Experience and skills:
- Bachelor's degree required. MS/MBA preferred.
- 5-10+ years of trading experience required.
- Management experience in a financial services organization preferred.
- Broad leadership, people and performance management and talent identification skills.
- Highly effective influencing, collaboration, relationship management, project management and partnering skills.
- Ability to consistently apply sound business rationale, perspective, flexibility, and judgment when evaluating highly complex issues.
- Ability to present and communicate business and organizational updates to a wide range of audiences from the departmental/divisional level through senior management
- Successfully completed FINRA Series 7, 4, 55, 24 & 63 (or 66) exams or ability to within 6 months of hire.
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of age, disability, education, gender, gender expression, gender identity, job level, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Pay Type Salary
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1717 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America