Senior Operations Systems Analyst
The Senior Operations Systems Analyst will support functions associated with the development, testing, training, communication and enhancements with the SMART system and other systems as necessary. This team member will work closely with the department managers to deliver successful projects and maintain the highest standards of quality. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong technology skills, an understanding of the financial industry, and the desire to make a significant impact on Janney Operations.
- Platform Support
- Program and design enhancements to workflow
- Review and validate criteria used for systems workflow and controls
- Perform workflow and trading system maintenance and troubleshooting
- Research reported workflow errors and address issues
- Production installs and technical support
- Vendor relationship management
- Project Execution
- Work independently and/or with the team to design and implement enhancements to Janney’s operational workflow system, IFS
- Prioritize projects and agenda based on client feedback and business needs
- Design effective SMART workflow
- Collaborate with business partners to define and document requirements
- Organize successful and thorough testing efforts
- Lead projects using an agile project management methodology
- Plan firm wide communications
- Work closely with department managers to develop an effective control environment
- Design and perform audits, resolve issues and proactively recommend ideas to improve operational processes, policies and procedures
- Create and maintain queries and custom reports
- Team Support
- Participate in strategic decision-making related to operations workflow including the development of short- and long-term goals to improve overall service to clients
- Coordinate field and associate training on new releases
- 3+ years of Operations System support/development experience preferred
- Demonstrated success leading projects of varying complexity from inception to completion
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Financial Services Operations or the financial industry.
- Series 99 license a plus
- Project management expertise using an agile project management methodology
- Strong ability to problem solve and provide solutions in a timely manner
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge/experience using IFS preferred.
- Knowledge/experience using iGrafx preferred.
- Knowledge/experience using SQL preferred.
- Experience working with cross functional teams and all levels of management
- Excellent client service skills.
This role is based in Philadelphia, PA but can accommodate a remote employee.
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of age, disability, education, gender, gender expression, gender identity, job level, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Pay Type Salary
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1717 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America