Fixed Income Portfolio Consultant
The Fixed Income Portfolio Consultant will be responsible for supporting Janney Financial Advisors in all aspects of portfolio design for investment portfolios utilizing taxable and tax-free bonds. Duties will include handling all aspects of the portfolio construction process including analyzing, selecting, building and monitoring fixed income securities and portfolios. This visible role will also be responsible for acting as a subject matter expert on fixed income within the Wealth Management department producing insightful/educational content for Financial Advisors and their clients.
Build customized fixed income portfolios for High Net Worth clients
taking into consideration the unique goals, suitability concerns, tax
situations, restrictions, etc. for each client account.
Create a seamless advisor experience by being the
liaison between Private Client Group Trading, Advisory Consulting and the financial advisors for portfolio construction utilizing individual bonds.
Assist Janney financial advisors in the surveillance of existing client portfolios and
the sourcing of new investment opportunities to manage both credit and interest
- Generate and publish market portfolio ideas and general investment-related content through various approved forms of advisor and client communication.
Identify relative value opportunities in conjunction with PCG Trading amongst the
various fixed income sectors in both the primary and secondary markets.
Interact with other internal groups such as Advisory Solutions, Financial Planning, Investment Strategy Group and Compliance to stay current in
industry regulations and trends.
- Be the subject matter expert on portfolio solutions and proactively provide training to help Janney’s advisors understand how to best utilize the tool to manage their fixed income business.
- All other duties as assigned based on the needs of the department.
5-10 years of fixed income experience in either a portfolio construction or credit
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field preferred.
- Series 7 & 63/66 licenses required or the ability to obtain within six (6) of employment.
- CFP or CFA designation preferred.
- In-depth understanding of financial markets, economics and portfolio theory
- Extensive customer service experience dealing with financial Advisors and/or High Net Worth clients
Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with individuals at all levels
of the Firm
- Well versed in Bloomberg, Fixed Income ATS, Excel, and Thomson One/Beta
Position can be located in multiple locations within the Janney Branch Network on the East Coast.
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of age, disability, education, gender, gender expression, gender identity, job level, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Pay Type Salary
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1717 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America