Equity Research Associate -Specialty Finance/BDC Sector
The Equity Research Associate will conduct fundamental analysis on a select group of companies in the Specialty Finance / BDC sector. This individual will help develop and publish written investment recommendations for these companies based on comprehensive industry and company research through various sources of information, including review of public documents, annual reports, trade journals, networking with industry contacts as well as interviews with senior management. Additionally, this individual will focus on providing value-added research in support of an experienced Senior Analyst for a period of time to be determined. Responsibilities include financial modeling, writing industry & company reports, talking with industry contacts/company management, and communicating investment ideas to institutional and retail clients, salespeople and traders.
- Develop and maintain relationships with select company management in the Specialty Finance / BDC sector.
- Creation and maintenance of earnings, valuation and industry models leveraging skills in accounting and finance
- Research and write reports while responding to requests for data, information and calls from internal and external clients
- Provide support to Research Analyst in the Specialty Finance sector, including field research and company interviews
- Keep abreast of industry-related news flow
- Regular interaction with equity sales force
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Finance, economics or accounting degree preferred.
- 0-3 experience preferred.
- Direct experience with financial modeling and valuation. Strong analytical, forecasting and financial modeling skills will be necessary.
MBA, CPA and/or CFA certifications are a plus, not required. Strong understanding of accounting concepts required.
- Strong grasp of valuation concepts and residual income valuation models
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to draft in-depth research reports as well as shorter maintenance notes.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Blue Matrix, and Bloomberg
Must have intellectual curiosity and a passion for equity research
Ability to sit for industry licensing exams, including the Series 7 and 63
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of age, disability, education, gender, gender expression, gender identity, job level, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Pay Type Salary
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1166 Avenue of the Americas, New York, New York, United States of America