Branch Operations Assistant - Midtown, NY
The Operations Assistant works closely with the Branch Operations Manager or Branch Manager to ensure that all operations functions are promptly and accurately performed at the branch. The Branch Operations Assistant may be the primary liaison with home office departments including Operations, Human Resources, Compliance, Training and Private Client Group (PCG) Administration.
- Be knowledgeable of and comply with all firm policies and procedures.
- Be knowledgeable of all firm technology.
- Process deposits and disbursements, review for appropriateness and accuracy.
- Prepare and make bank deposits.
- Receive, prioritize and process orders.
- Evaluate margin requirements.
- Process and obtain approvals for legal transfers and stock options.
- Forward securities and supporting documentation to home office.
- Distribute branch mail, faxes, and morning reports.
- Perform other duties as required that contribute to the overall effectiveness of the branch office and individual FAs.
- May also perform duties of a Private Client Assistant and work with FAs within the branch.
- Assist FAs and Branch Manager in the ongoing development and maintenance of effective client relationships as determined by the Branch Manager.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College degreed preferred but not required.
- 3+ years of experience required.
- Series 7 and 63 preferred or the ability to obtain within 9 months of hire.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Able to work effectively in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team.
- High ethical standards.
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of age, disability, education, gender, gender expression, gender identity, job level, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1166 Avenue of the Americas, New York, New York, United States of America