Mutual Fund Associate - Philadelphia, PA
The Mutual Fund Associate will handle all functions associated with accounts holding Mutual Fund positions within the Firm. The Associate will also continuously identify process improvements throughout the department with a focus on improving the client experience and modernization of current platforms. The Associate will work closely with other Operations teams and Wealth Management professionals on various day-to-day issues along with Firm and Department initiatives. The Associate must also be self-motivated with a strong focus on Operations and a sense of responsibility to the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Process requests to network mutual fund positions within the firm.
· Monitor trades and interact with Financial Advisors and Private Client Associates in a professional and timely manner.
· Handle a high volume of phone and email inquiries from the field offices and vendors.
· Process cancels and re-bills of trades, input into various systems and communicate effectively with mutual fund companies when applicable.
· Balance daily settlement of NSCC Fund Serve Trading versus Firm internal accounts.
· Process all Fed Wires coming into clearing account for settlement trades, canceled trades, etc.
· Process commissions and 12B-1 fees via NSCC Fund Serve.
· Network and maintain all mutual fund related Firm accounts
· Interface effectively with Operations and Management teams, along with mutual fund companies, and our OMNIBUS Vendor.
Required Skills and Competencies:
· An effective team player who works well under pressure and interacts effectively with others.
· High degree of accuracy and attention to detail; exceptional problem-solving abilities.
· Strong oral and written communication skills in order to interact at all levels of the Firm.
· Strong initiative and time management skills.
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment, work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Technically proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as SQL.
· Strong analytical skills and experience with robotic processes (RPA) a plus, along with familiarity with macros.
· Experience using Thomson BETA (Refinitiv) and/or DST Vision a plus.
· College degree preferred or equivalent experience.
· 3-5 years of related Mutual Fund operations experience preferred.
· Series 7, Series 65, or Series 99 preferred, or the ability to obtain licenses within 12 months of hire.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1717 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America